2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to give credit to my mom for this recipe,,,but I'm still gona put my name on it,,,Thanks Mom

16oz Small elbow noodles(boiled with a little oil and cooled)
16oz Sour Cream
3 lbs of Fresh Shrimp(Lindas Seafood in Old River)call ahead and she will have them peeled for ya,,,
1/2 jar-Hellmans Mayo
4oz jar-Pimetos
2-Jalapeno peppers diced(seeds removed)
1-Red bell pepper(diced small)
1-Green bell pepper(diced small)
1/2 Red Onion(diced)
1/2 White Onion(diced)
6-tablespoons Dill Relish(not sweet)
6-Boiled Eggs(chopped) centers removed,give to the dog
3-4 stalks of Celery(chopped)
Black Olives (chopped)

*Boil your shrimp,dont over cook remove when they turn pink and cool down under cold water.
*Boil noodles(dont over cook)
*Add all the above to a LARGE bowl and mix well.
*Cool/Chill in frig for about 2 hours
*Goes good with club cracker
**Enjoy,C'est Bon Claydeaux

Attachments

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
Ham Salad

That looks great! I wish I would have had that one yesterday to use up leftover ham.

This one and your shrimp cocktail will definately be in my holiday plans.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
My wife makes a nock out shrimp salad, nothing like that in the picture but it's goooood. I've got a freezer full of 21 -25's and froze them with 25 or so in a bag. It's just me and my wife so she'll make a shrimp salad for just us and it's awesome.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Good lookin dish. I make one a lot like that but it has some chopped up fresh tomatos in it. A little chopped up bacon doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Tried and it was great!! Recomend all EXCEPT giving middle of egg to the dog! Unless he is an outside dog...it was a gas machine :) Thanks for all the recipies...none have disappointed!

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: Tried the Premium Farmed Raised Shimp's from HEB"s (2lb bag for 9.99). I was thinking I would say a little time and not make the drive to Linda's Seafood and try something fast? Well those shrimps from Indonisa really didnt even have a "taste". No taste at all..Which mess up the whole batch of Shrimp Salad. From now on I will pay and drive the extra miles for the real deal.

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Save

Update: Tried the Premium Farmed Raised Shimp's from HEB"s (2lb bag for 9.99). I was thinking I would say a little time and not make the drive to Linda's Seafood and try something fast? Well those shrimps from Indonisa really didnt even have a "taste". No taste at all..Which mess up the whole batch of Shrimp Salad. From now on I will pay and drive the extra miles for the real deal.
Should have been "saved" a litte time...sorry

·
slap ya mama
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Summer is here! Put a batch of shrimp salad together and tweaked the recipe ....used only 8oz of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of dill relish,and only 4 boiled eggs also reduced celery to 2 stalks.Added 2-avacodos (diced) and mixed them in at the end to avoid mashing up. Then I also squeezed the juice of 1 fresh lemon,use more if you like.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts