2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
MilosMaster said:
Nice 'hoo Yates . . .that's a biggun.

4FishingRods - Good job killing that baby tiger shark, I am sure that made you feel very macho. It is because of people like you that there aren't many of those guys around. Hope that is worth the jaws on your wall! Thanks!
As long as he's within the law you should probably leave the policing to the guys who do it for a living ....game wardens etc

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't want to start anything, but it just sad to see that. Just because it is legal doesn't mean it is right. The meat on a shark that size isn't any good to begin with. Even though it seems large, that is a very young juvenile. I understand that, as of now, it is indeed legal to kill a tiger, but in the next few years they will be federally protected, just as dusky's, sand tigers and others are now. It just hasn't happened yet. I don't have a problem with taking sharks in general, blacktips are great on the grill and have a healthy population. Same for sharpnose. It just chaps my a** to see people killing tigers for no reason other than a trophy when they are rare in our waters and getting more so every year. I shouldn't have said what I did, chances are the angler had no idea that shark was a juvenile or that they are rare.

Just because they law says something is ok doesn't always make it so. Legislation moves slowly and we all have to be responsible stewards of our coastal resources. We can't afford to wait on the government for answers to everything and instead must use common sense and act on our own. Ok, I am off the soapbox.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Hey Milos don't worry about that shark I'm sure it was released unharmed. It looks like it was smiling in the picture.

Just kidding..... I agree with you for the most part.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
MiloMaster, I did not keep the shark just for the jaws. You say that the meat is not any good but we had a good fish fry with it (fried, grilled and broil). There was nothing lift from the meat when we finished. I did not mean to make anyone mad, the guys that I was with at the time said that it was the biggest sharks that they had seen so we kept it and ate it, was that wrong? The shark was about 7.5' long, isn't that over the size limit? and we did release all the smaller ones that we caught.
I did not know that a Tiger shark that size was a juvenile and that they are rare and apparently niether did my friends. I will do better next time.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
Another Mazatlan Bull

They have big Dorado there... have caught at least one every time out. My dad caught an 80#er there last year. It is on his wall now.

·
Bluewater Bum
1,075 Posts
Here ya go, These were all photoshopped this morning. They sure do look real.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
MilosMaster said:
Nice 'hoo Yates . . .that's a biggun.

4FishingRods - Good job killing that baby tiger shark, I am sure that made you feel very macho. It is because of people like you that there aren't many of those guys around. Hope that is worth the jaws on your wall! Thanks!
thanks for making my point...Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
Beautiful fish there Jared!! Excelent!!

Nice photoshopping as well... I like how you chopped that baby into the photo... Im sure you know those are illegal to keep... HAHAHAHAHAH

Scott

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
4FishingRods said:
MiloMaster, I did not keep the shark just for the jaws. You say that the meat is not any good but we had a good fish fry with it (fried, grilled and broil). There was nothing lift from the meat when we finished. I did not mean to make anyone mad, the guys that I was with at the time said that it was the biggest sharks that they had seen so we kept it and ate it, was that wrong? The shark was about 7.5' long, isn't that over the size limit? and we did release all the smaller ones that we caught.
I did not know that a Tiger shark that size was a juvenile and that they are rare and apparently niether did my friends. I will do better next time.
y'all defused that nicely, gentlemen. i'm impressed.

personally, i don't think that there is any need to take tiger sharks. they are rather rare in our waters, and, if you really like to eat shark, there are plenty of other species that are far more common. but, you said you didn't know.... and, now you do.

·
Banned
7 Posts
MilosMaster said:
Man what a friggen Punk. Why dint you send this kinda cr** in a PM. Do you want everyone to think that your a big man or what?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just because they law says something is ok doesn't always make it so. Legislation moves slowly and we all have to be responsible stewards of our coastal resources. We can't afford to wait on the government for answers to everything and instead must use common sense and act on our own.

I Like it..........

61 - 80 of 87 Posts