2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am really feeling sorry for all you folks in the coastal area of texas. you have had more than your share of the rain lately. hopefully my boat will be out of the shop soon and the rain will end. looks like things are about to get better as far as the seas go about mid week and into the long holiday week end. we have had our share of rain up north. i haven't been able to mow for a week and if it gets much higher i will have to bale it. to those of you that do get out next week i hope you get great seas and great fishing.....rick

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tell me about it, there were people kayaking down the streets on the island. It floods a lot down here, but it usually is not this bad unless there is a tropical storm. We have had 8.14 inches since Tuesday.

Mark

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just talked to someone at Chris' Marine in POC and they have got 11.5 inches of rain in the last 48 HRS. and somewere between 6-8 inches durring the week before. Now that is a lot of rain! Glad I'm in Austin. Whoo did I say that, ok I take it back there is always something to do on the house or the boat down there when it is raining. There is next weekend with all the fourth of Julyers.
scott

·
Registered
640 Posts
Kayaking on the Island

My sister's car floated off from the strand and down 21st two years ago during the day of a record setting rainfall. 12 inches in one day. Do you guys remember? We have all had a lot of rain. It will help the bays in the long run. Damming up all the rivers flowing into the bays has hurt them. When we get these heavy rains the water sheds collect a lot a nutrients and put them in the bays. My air conditioner isn't having to work so hard either! Seriously, I hope everyone is safe and nobody else gets hurt.

·
Freelance Gynocolgist
727 Posts
LOL Pope, yea I remember playing football in the strand in all that messed up water which covered the street up all the way to the high curbs. It's a wonder than none of us playing that day got sick in serious way, of course the the amt of beer consumed helped...lol.

Also remember seeing a friend's jacked up toyota truck towing his buddy with a kneeboard behind him lol!!

·
Registered
640 Posts
We used to knee and skim board behind friends jeeps and trucks during spring break to impress the ladies. That was on the beach of course. Two year later one friend lost an axle to rust. We were so stupid.

Pope

·
Registered
847 Posts
Rick -

My boat was next to yours at Krestas for a while. It took 3 hours to get the leaves and pollen pods out. Just something to look forward to when this weather settles down!!!!!!
Patrick

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gap
i don't mind cleaning the boat back up after its been in the shop. my main concern is that those big trees back there don't come down on my boat....rick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts