2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boss has a really kick lease in dimmitt co , as a worker bounce he wants me to come kill a cull buck up to 130 b&c or if i want a trophy buck 100$ per inch , last year they killed a great 180+ buck and most shot a 150+ buck ? he will pay for the extra inch's or i can just take the $$$ , i want a big deer but is the cash better ? my wife hates for me to make the choice / wants the cash , what to do ??????????? great deer or the money ????

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
First mistake telling the wife ;) All hunting trips are free, and all guns come at a steal... gee...

Up to you.. but if he is hooking you up.. might as well go... heck at least go for the food and drinks..

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Take the cull buck. How often does the normal guy get a shot at the big leages?

I got to hunt on a celeb ranch in North Tx once and shoot a cull and I will never forget it as long as i live.

The 130 class is on my wall.

·
Registered
931 Posts
garrettryan said:
First mistake telling the wife ;) All hunting trips are free, and all guns come at a steal... gee...

Up to you.. but if he is hooking you up.. might as well go... heck at least go for the food and drinks..
well said

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
pilar, I hate to bring it back up but doesn't she owe you a trophy for the little job she did to your mounts a while back??? I say treat yourself and find the biggest brute on the place!!!

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes she does

willydavenport said:
pilar, I hate to bring it back up but doesn't she owe you a trophy for the little job she did to your mounts a while back??? I say treat yourself and find the biggest brute on the place!!!
yes the wife does owe me a hunt ! as she did feed my last cull hunt to the dogs !!!! i guess i should go for it ?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
garrettryan said:

What he said.

·
Registered
579 Posts
AHA! My wife isn't the only one like that! :)

I have shot one and only one javalina in my life - they don't normally frequent the areas I have hunted. I had it in the freezer prior to getting it to the taxidermist and she "forgot" to put it back after taking it out one day to get at something..yeah...

And when we moved out of our 2nd house she "gave" the movers all the contents of the freezer which included the jaws from the only 8' shark I've ever caught that I was going to do something with...hope the bastages cut themselves on them when they were opening it up expecting backstraps or something...grrrrrr....

I no longer keep trophies in my freezer!

I'm with the others - go get that buck!

Me, I'm going after an Axis next month (my first) and no - it isn't getting anywhere near my freezer!

:)

Earl

pilar said:
yes the wife does owe me a hunt ! as she did feed my last cull hunt to the dogs !!!! i guess i should go for it ?

·
Deadeye McGee
3,325 Posts
Relationships

Good and lasting relationships are built on a foundation of truth and honesty. I think what you did was correct Pilar. Go on the hunt, decide if a shot/deer is worth the cost. Enjoy the time spent with friends. Give your wife and yourself a little space that weekend. Don't forget the cost of the mount/taxidermist. Life is short, enjoy yourself. Good luck on the hunt. I'm working 7 days a week on Ike cleanup and building up compensation time (I'm overtime exempt) to spend more time hunting in November, December and January!!!!!

P.S.-I also have a south Texas hunt that is scheduled for the end of December! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
Wives are much more common than 180" deer. Go on the hunt and tell her you are going to shoot a cull. If you don't see the trophy walk out, then you're good to go. If you do see the trophy, you can make it up to her at some point or trade her in on one that is more understanding. Got to go.... here comes my wife!!!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Pathfinder said:
Wives are much more common than 180" deer. Go on the hunt and tell her you are going to shoot a cull. If you don't see the trophy walk out, then you're good to go. If you do see the trophy, you can make it up to her at some point or trade her in on one that is more understanding. Got to go.... here comes my wife!!!
That made me spew coffee.. and laugh out loud.. you owe me a monitor .. LOL

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
go and take a good buck if you have the chance. as for the taxidermy, the skull cap and horns will keep till later. get alot of pics and enjoy yerself.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Man I only wish I could have a hunt like that. Whats wrong with you! Is something missing between your legs. Go kill the biggest buck and have a great time doing it and then give us a post. Some things only come to you once in a lifetime.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts