2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bay Stealth 2380 and it dosent have a timer on the baitwell, its just on or off. It runs off the crainking battery and I am thinking about getting a timer so it will cycle on and off. It just makes me nervous to sit for 2 hours on the jetty having the baitwell pump running constantly off the main battery. What do you guys think?

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
I don't have mine on a timer, I have a bubbler system that pulls very little juice. I leave the bubbler running full time and only kick my pump on every so often to change out the water and I have no problems losing bait. I also use pogey saver or something similiar to keep the foam down

·
Back in da Saddle
10,160 Posts
Add a second battery for all you add ons...Sounder/Plotter/Radios... Ect!!!!!

leave the Cranking to the Cranking !!!!!!

John

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
25 bucks at Academy, or have same at BPS. Easy wire up replacing your turn on switch on dash. People say it keeps the water from being heated up as well, don't know about that. However now that I have had a switch installed for a year, I still ended up having to replace my cartridge yearly. Sucking sand and silt up your pump when your boat stern is bottomed out is not good!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts