2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the day started with driving to Galveston (SeaWolf Park) to meet Mythman for some fishing. Well about 45 and FM519 i had a tire decide to seperate on me at 75mph. i got worse because the idiots at the last tire shop used the biggest GD impact wrench they could find to put the tire back on. well a few minutes later and Mike's fourway wrench back in business and down the road. got to the water looked great with a just a nice breeze. Mythman and I could find a fish to speak of. Did see a lil sea turtle keep poking his head up about 5 feet from the kayak, but never could get a picture of the guy before disappearing again. well we leave the water and headed home somewhere between Harborside Dr. and I think 146 exit my Thule Rod Rack takes a freakin DUMP and i am now minus one Calcutta 250 and Texas Tackle Factory 7'6 Trout rod. so for everyone that slept in late today and decide they didn't wanna get motivated. I AM JEALOUS!

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Oh, bummer!

Don't some fishing trips just seem to turn out more expensive that others?! :cry:

I'm sorry you had all that trouble.

·
Fisher of Men
3,703 Posts
Well. Your still "ALIVE" so thats something to be thankful for. And your back on 2cool, so theres something else.

·
Banned
3 Posts
........GD...?????????? :O
I had a tire do the same at a high speed also. Sure does make a HECK of a racket !!!! The tire held air but all on the cords. Scared the heck out of me for sure. You're still blessed !!!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well, you've got something to be grateful for: I saw a kayak last week on the inside shoulder. I assumed that they lost it at a high speed and it wasn't worth takin' back home. That's why I do a "Pogo" tie job on my kayaks.

Pogo is a kayaker who was in an accident and his truck was totaled...but his kayak was O.K. because he had it tied on so well.

·
Registered Somewhere
5,635 Posts
Please post a picture of a "POGO". Am I missing something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts