2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Binelli Nova? I think that is how you spell it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ive had one for about four years now and have had no problems. I consider it my marsh or salt water gun. Its taken a licken and still kicken.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Shotgun

I have owned one since they came out. Shoots great and I recommend owning one. Much more dependable than my OX66s.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have one and I love it. If you are planning to shoot 3.5 in buck shot or other heavy loads get the recoil reducer (tube o mercury). I personally made some kill em all shells (3.5 shells standard 2.75 in powder charge and fill the rest up with 7.5 shot. I use this when i go to the farm and have to thin the population of grackes(sp)/crows out a bit)

·
Old ******
4,524 Posts
I tried the Nova and was very impressed but a few days later I had the opportunity to shoot the new Winchester Super X2 and bought it on the spot. I think they cost about the same. You might want to try it out.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Nova is $399 (they have it for $349 at BPS but I aint driving to houston for it) in camo stock. I am planning on going to check them out today.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
do they make it in left handed versions?

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got the Nova, and I also got a homa/huma something like that 7mm. They said that the manufacturer of weatherby makes this rifles mechanicals and it is a nice rifle. It was $380 out the door with a scope. I did however go with a youth model cause I like the close feel of it. Go figure, I have a 6'7" wingspan and like the short stock? Oh well It is a pretty gun and I would post pics of them both but for some reason the window locks on me if I try to manage attachments........cant wait to shoot something.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If you are talking about Howa brand rifles. They are the people in Japan that make the Weatherby Vanguard which is Weatherby's cheaper line of rifles, Weatherby's expensive line of rifles is the Mark V. I like the design of the Howa much better than I do the Mark V. I think you will be pleased with the rifle. I'm not familiar with that particular Binelli shotgun. The black eagle and other binnelli's that I'm familiar with, are great shotguns.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just went and put a box through the howa. It fires nice, I like it. The benelli also has a very nice feel to it and is quite light for a 28" shotgun.. or any shotgun for that matter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts