2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks….I know this is really bad timing, but there is a family in trouble. This family consists of 6 children, a Mom that home schools them and a Dad that has been an active military member for 17 years and is currently serving in Iraq. Their house note is $968/month and they were 2 months behind UNTIL the BRAZORIA COUNTY CAVALRY got into it, they will now be good until Jan. (Soldier does not know of the problems) We wanna do a makeover for the family and here is what we have so far: A new washing machine donated by Lowes and a dryer donated by S&K Appliance. We have a used couch and two chairs donated by a family in El Campo and a new microwave and a small TV. We also have food gift certificates from Ryan's, Andy's Kitchen and Cici's Pizza. We have 20 gallons of paint and all the material we need to paint the inside of the home donated by Sherwin-Williams and will start painting Monday morning. We are looking for any dressers and chest of drawers, a table and chair set that seats at least 6, but there are 8 in the family, good cabinets for the kitchen and any bedroom suites in good shape.

We're not asking for cash , just help to upgrade their house with something you maybe don't need or haven't used in a while that you think they could benefit from. If you are near Lake Jackson or are willing to meet somewhere, I have a 6' x 8' trailer and would be glad for anything you have to offer.

Thanks for reading……RC's Mom (Darlene) & CajunBob (Robert)

·
Jacka$$ Moment
848 Posts
Hey Darlene and Bob, I'm off until next Thursday and would be MORE than happy to help with painting, remodeling, or anything else necessary, as well as even hitting some resale shops or whatever to try to buy a dresser or anything that may help this needing family. Give me a call on my cell Monday, you should have my number. I'll dedicate a couple of days labor and whatever I can spare monitarily. Talk to you then,

Darrel

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
CajunBob if you need a truck a couple of days, you know where to find the keys. I need it back Thursday afternoon. Call if ya' need it or pm. B&P

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to everyone that has stepped up so far.

Darlene & CajunBob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts