2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
The only way to really know is to try them all first hand, which means you'll probably have to make several trips to FL to demo all of these skiffs. I made 4 trips to FL before pulling the trigger. One thing you'll notice very quickly is that published draft numbers are not accurate for 90% of the skiffs. Good luck on your search.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Hey Path

You might want to PM SIGHTCAST and BSLITTLE, They both run skiffs if I am not mistaken and probably can give you some good insite on them.

BSLITTLE might even sell you one.

Jode

·
www.southtexasfishandfowl .com
736 Posts
I've got a friend that has a Hells Bay and one of his buddies just bought a beavertail. The guy w/ the hells bay said the beavertail is almost the exact same hull. He said the biggest difference is the rigging, etc.... As neumie said, lots of boat for the buck. Not sure how much more the beavertail weighs? There's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
If your interested in beavertails, contact them and they can give you the number of Jeff Shatto.. He is here in houston and there local rep.. Also you can talk to various guides about the other boats.. I know Capt Sally runs the maverick and loves it...

There are a few Hells bays around galveston, but not to many

Thomas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went for ride yesterday with Jim from Beavertail. B2 is a nice skiff for a nice price. Just wonder how it's going to hold up. They've only been making skiffs for 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts