2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We sold our house recently, moved a 1996 Mobil home onto our piece of property. Plan is to live here until we decide to build. The problem is that anytime we use any of the 3 water faucets in the house (2 br and kitchen) and both showers,it shocks us. Not like a jolt but a steady low current that is worse with dry cracked or cuts on the hands. We have checked all grounds, tried turning off breakers individually still with the same result. The only thing I haven't tried is turning off power to the well. Have not noticed it from any water hose outside. It's getting uncomfortable for the wife and kids. I'm going to turn off breakers one by one again tomorrow to see if I can find anything, I'll also turn off the well. Just thought I would check here for Amy insight. No metal piping that I'm aware of.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
As strange as it seems we had a similar problem and it was a bad (corroded) ground connection at the service entrance transformer.
I am an electrician that has been around the block and seen some unusual things but that is one of the weirdest.
It was a voltage that I could measure from the faucet to the drain and first I called the water district and they came out and called the electric utility because they had seen it before.
Very curious but repairing the ground up the pole fixed it.
If I hadn't seen it and measured it and seen the fix I would have called bs on the story.

Also make sure the frame and the siding and the service ground are all solidly tied to each other and ground.

If you have a voltmeter you should be able to measure something, an AC low voltage, where you are feeling the tingle and will know you fixed it when you that voltage goes away.

·
Registered
8,846 Posts
Got the same thing going on in my 40 year old trailer, but it only happens in the winter time, and only on the cold water side of the kitchen sink.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As strange as it seems we had a similar problem and it was a bad (corroded) ground connection at the service entrance transformer.
I am an electrician that has been around the block and seen some unusual things but that is one of the weirdest.
It was a voltage that I could measure from the faucet to the drain and first I called the water district and they came out and called the electric utility because they had seen it before.
Very curious but repairing the ground up the pole fixed it.
If I hadn't seen it and measured it and seen the fix I would have called bs on the story.

Also make sure the frame and the siding and the service ground are all solidly tied to each other and ground.

If you have a voltmeter you should be able to measure something, an AC low voltage, where you are feeling the tingle and will know you fixed it when you that voltage goes away.
It's a fairly new service, installed just at a year ago. I will look into this. Thanks for the pointer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts