2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throwing this out to the 2cool family.... What prop are you currently using or recommend for a 23’ Shoalwater Cat? Had mine reworked here recently and it did not turn out for the better so I’m looking for a new prop. Thanks in advance. FC

·
Registered
127 Posts
I run a jack foreman 4 blade bravo clone , it’s a 20p on a 23 W/250 xs . The prop is super heavy cupped for holeshot and longevity. It’s a really good prop if you fishing super shallow water . My other prop is a 20p bravo XC , the xc “extra cup “ is still way thinner than the foreman version . It does have better speed tho . I think a 19 xc would be the ticket as I cannot reach max RPMs with my set up. Most ppl will suggest the XC for holeshot or xs for speed . What motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the 23 Shoalwater cat raised console with the Yamaha 250 SHO. I had an 18 pitch Powertec OFX 4 blade with extra cup added that was great on holeshot and decent on speed. I ended up breaking a prop shaft some how and lost the prop. Then went with the OFX 4 blade 19 pitch but was happier with the 18 with extra cup it all depends on how you fish if you fish shallow think that 18 with extra cup would be great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I'm a professional.
646 Posts
Depends on how you fish. Baumann or Foreman for a holeshot prop w decent cruise.

19 xc or 21 rev 4 for good holeshot w/better cruise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Suzuki’s are a different ball game I’d ask waypoint marine for info on them . They run a different gear ratio and typically run a bigger pitch than Yamaha and Merc.

·
Registered
127 Posts
A lot of folks with Yamahas run the OS1 prop and seem to like them

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a OS1 on my new rig with 18 hours on it. The OS1 does well on just getting up, but there is a lag before leveling begins and then it digs 8n again. I'm running a 250 SHO with no raised console and max speed 52 mph.

My 2 cents

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again fellas. I had an OS1 for quite some time that was later modified by Bauman adding a little extra cupping. I had the prop re worked here a couple months ago and the performance is far off and for the worse from what it was doing. I’m going to look into the Bravo and Rev4 to see how they perform. Thanks again. FC

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a OS1 on my new rig with 18 hours on it. The OS1 does well on just getting up, but there is a lag before leveling begins and then it digs 8n again. I'm running a 250 SHO with no raised console and max speed 52 mph.

My 2 cents
What pitch is your OS1?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts