2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
You didn't pull out last time?
Pulled out at a small loss 2 weeks or so ago.
Gambled 5k night before last on a limit order and went to sleep in hopes that this long awaited and hard touted harvest announcement would cause a spike but it did not.

Between this and my YVST gamble last week I'm down around $4500.
Stupid me. Live and learn and I hope I remember to avoid OTC forevermore.

On a positive note RC has done well for me since I bought that last week. Up around 2.5% there and that dividend is 9.77%.
I wish I'd have put all purchases there in the last couple of weeks instead of trying to turn some quick OTC trades.
Live and learn.

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
I’m not worried, it was an account I’ve had for years with a little money still in it. It was actually good I talked to them. They were charging me for the monthly statements mailed out. At least I went paperless and saved those charges.

The girl at Ameritrade gave me a couple of free trades and walked me through it. She said if I made the trade it would be like $45 bux! What the hell? Things must have changed since I messed with this years ago!
I hear you. So, are you in for $45 or they charged you $45 for a pink sheet trade? I use E Trade. Been a while for me too.

·
Banned
3,650 Posts
Pumpers? The tone and tenor of this thread smells like pumping to me.

I did a little research on this company on EDGAR. Interesting history and trail I found....Dragon Acquisitions LLC, Multiplayer Online Dragon Inc (MYDR). Seems that SHMP started out as an online gaming company of some sort.

This SHMP company has a whole lot of debt. This company also has ZERO revenue ($0.00) since it began. Expenses and debt has been building and they need money to continue operations and help pay it off. Nothing unusual about that.

But things are not all right at SHMP and senior management explicitly states that a discontinuance of operations is possible if their issues are not addressed within a year. That's an alarming choice of words coming from senior management.

You will find what I'm talking about in the company reports on EDGAR. https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/viewer?...sion_number=0001654954-19-001477&xbrl_type=v#

Instructions:
- In the LH column, click on.....Notes to Financial Statements
- Then click on.....Section 1. Nature of the Organization and Business."
- Then read very carefully.....the 2 paragraphs under "Going Concern".

From the tone and tenor of this thread, the OP could be a pumping insider or a smitten investor. It really doesn't matter though. Do your own due diligence and be wary of frequent high wattage promotion of seemingly can't miss opportunities. It's all on you.
I don't think the OP is running a pump and dump. And I have to admit I considered investing until my senses got the better of me. I grew up in the seafood business and I do know this.

Mother nature is hard to beat. I can go down to Hillman's in San Leon and buy gourmet shrimp that swam in the bay last night in the 6.00 a pound range. No way no how an "indoor" farm can compete with that. Not when you count in the cost of the land, pumps, feed, building, energy taxes etc... No way, no how. Never... An indoor shrimp farm will not work in our lifetimes.

A shrimp boat anywhere in the world just has to lower nets, pull several miles pick them up and post a profit. Does anyone on these boards think the shrimp raised indoors and all the costs associated with an operation that size can compete with that? Is the product going to be better than mother nature?

With that being said there will be money made. Buy low, sell high and volatility is your friend in any penny stock. If you are a riverboat gambler that is fine. Good luck.

If you are a long term investor who buys into solid business plans, long term sustainable growth and a decent ROI.

Run away from this stock. Buy AMZN or any other company that is investing billions in their future.

·
Who said that was spicy?
1,708 Posts
In an odd way, this all seems ironic...catching fishermen with shrimp.

I do not think the OP was running a P&D thread either. I give him the benefit of the doubt. There appears to be many other people in this too as today's volume was 23 million shares. That's a lot of action. Like Its Catchy said, volatility is your friend here. Have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For what it's worth...I read on Yahoo this morning that 1 tank was tested and had 90% survival rate. Also TPWD went to inspect and was impressed...for what it's worth

·
Banned
3,650 Posts
For what it's worth...I read on Yahoo this morning that 1 tank was tested and had 90% survival rate. Also TPWD went to inspect and was impressed...for what it's worth
Can you grow enough of them in those tanks to compete with wild caught or farmed raised shrimp at 6.00 a pound?

For me it is simple math. 1.) How many can they grow per tank per year. 2.) How much does it cost per pound after they pay for pumps, food, building, labor etc. Subtract line number two from line number one...

I am of the opinion they cannot compete with either wild caught or outdoor farm raised shrimp.

Now part of the value in this stock may be the patented technology. And some stocks don't seem to need to be profitable to drive up the price. Lots of stock prices are driven by emotion vs common sense so it may be a winner in the short term.

But I can promise everyone reading that there are Wall Street firms that have done their do diligence and know this company is not a winner long term. It would not surprise me at all if there are forces behind the scenes promoting this stock as a "winner" that are going to bail out forever once the stock hits a target price.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Can you grow enough of them in those tanks to compete with wild caught or farmed raised shrimp at 6.00 a pound?

For me it is simple math. 1.) How many can they grow per tank per year. 2.) How much does it cost per pound after they pay for pumps, food, building, labor etc. Subtract line number two from line number one...

I am of the opinion they cannot compete with either wild caught or outdoor farm raised shrimp.

Now part of the value in this stock may be the patented technology. And some stocks don't seem to need to be profitable to drive up the price. Lots of stock prices are driven by emotion vs common sense so it may be a winner in the short term.

But I can promise everyone reading that there are Wall Street firms that have done their do diligence and know this company is not a winner long term. It would not surprise me at all if there are forces behind the scenes promoting this stock as a "winner" that are going to bail out forever once the stock hits a target price.
It doesn't really matter what I think or you think. I think you hit it right here...

"With that being said there will be money made. Buy low, sell high and volatility is your friend in any penny stock. If you are a riverboat gambler that is fine. Good luck."

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I can go down to Hillman's in San Leon and buy gourmet shrimp that swam in the bay last night in the 6.00 a pound range.
San Leon is a small community, surrounded by water, less than an hour from the 4th largest city in America.

How many San Leons exist in the world?

·
Just call me Breeze
17,288 Posts
Look at how many eat the expensive aged beef or the Kobe / Wagyu type beef. So, there will be a market for it. They will need some cash from somewhere eventually. If they give away millions of shares, that can be a killer.

·
Banned
3,650 Posts
Code:
San Leon is a small community, surrounded by water, less than an hour from the 4th largest city in America.

How many San Leons exist in the world?
Shrimp can be shipped worldwide very cheaply. SHMP is going to have to compete with both wild caught and farm raised shrimp on a global
Market

·
Registered
665 Posts
More....your missing it!! Why would anyone want frozen junk shrimp from Indonesia, India, Vietnam etc., shipped, when grow facilities in places such as Chicago, Las Vegas, KC can receive fresh NEVER frozen superior quality shrimp grown locally? All you shorts say what you will. SHMP is here to stay. Just hang on cuz the ride is gonna be wild.:texasflag

Code:
Shrimp can be shipped worldwide very cheaply. SHMP is going to have to compete with both wild caught and farm raised shrimp on a global
Market

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
blood- hope you're right. i'm down a few grand that i'm hoping to recoup and then get out.
but here's a thing-
where is the saltwater from? they mixing boxed salt with tap?
do they taste like fresh gulf shrimp or like farmed?
I have never tasted farmed shrimp that tasted as good as wild Gulf shrimp.
So far I've only seen reviews of the taste from their own chef which is extremely weak and very sketchy after 18 years in operation.

The cloud of mystery surrounding the company and it's profitability is massive.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think there is a market for it. How much profitability and revenue it will bring remains to be seen obviously. There are valid arguments on either side. It's really what side you care to hitch your wagon to. I don't really care as long as I make money :)

·
Banned
3,650 Posts
More....your missing it!! Why would anyone want frozen junk shrimp from Indonesia, India, Vietnam etc., shipped, when grow facilities in places such as Chicago, Las Vegas, KC can receive fresh NEVER frozen superior quality shrimp grown locally? All you shorts say what you will. SHMP is here to stay. Just hang on cuz the ride is gonna be wild.:texasflag
I'm not hating. I hope it does good and everybody crazy enough to invest in it gets rich. I will never root against anyone trying to make a dollar.

It's not just farm raised shrimp they are competing against. It is wild caught shrimp, produced by the creator who's quality can't be replicated.

I will say it again. No way, no how these indoor farms can compete. I do not care what they claim the survival rate is.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
If I was going to invest I would do it with these guys. They might have cracked the code these other people claim they have.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
And that's why they are trying to go indoors. That video is a year old I believe and I don't know what progress they have made since but if anyone can do it these guys can. He said in just a couple of months they got the water problem solved but the shrimp just won't grow indoors. For all I know they have perfected it. I see these guys all the time but never talk to them any. Years ago my dad and I sold many gallons of live native Texas Baby Brown Shrimp we caught with our two shrimp boats for a project an individual was working on using brine water and ponds locally. The shrimp lived and grew to about a fifty count per pound but no larger and ultimately would gather at the edges of the ponds and die. Being wild they had to migrate and had nowhere to go or at least that was the only explanation these guys could come up with. This was way back mind you and no biologists on the project. He gave it up and went on to raising crawfish and other things like buying up oil leases. Smart man.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts