2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on the water since Ike. Would like to get out fishing soon, but I am concerned about running from Clear lake down the ship channel through the jetties to get out due to all the debris. Any thoughts on if or when it will be safe to run during daylight?
-Scott

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
The channel is open and commercial traffic is running. There are no major obstructions but floating debris is always a possibility. Wait till after daylight and keep a sharp eye out. Good luck and be safe!

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
we were out Sunday from marker 45 down to 35 and everything under the sun is floating out there, including a dead 10 foot alligator. Large pieces of debris were commonplace. I was in Seabrook yesterday and with the raising of the boats along with the work on the docks, all new stuff was floating everywhere. If you go, go slow and keep a good lookout. Some of what we saw would easily sink any sportfishing boat if you were to hit it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Went offshore on Sunday from Seabrook. Only travel in daylight, and keep a couple sets of eyes open in the kemah channel and any other narrow area.

Ship channel seemed to have less debris than the rest of the bay, probably due to the large ships pushing everything out. Be safe.

·
Own It, everyday the same way.
1,629 Posts
Mont, Did you get any pics of the gator ?

Mont said:
we were out Sunday from marker 45 down to 35 and everything under the sun is floating out there, including a dead 10 foot alligator. Large pieces of debris were commonplace. I was in Seabrook yesterday and with the raising of the boats along with the work on the docks, all new stuff was floating everywhere. If you go, go slow and keep a good lookout. Some of what we saw would easily sink any sportfishing boat if you were to hit it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
really want to go gigging but think i need to go make my rounds during daylight.fish jones lake around the canal and greens lake and deer islands.anyone have info on debris or bottom changes in or around them areas?
i also have been wondering where we can get live shrimp and what baitcamps that may be open,we really dont realize how important them baitcamps are until they are gone!miss them and hope for quick rebuilding.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
I don't have any pics of the gator. Here's a couple from this morning just to show you all the new stuff out floating around. It's gonna take a while for it all to wash up and be picked up, so if you go, just be careful. Either one of these things could easily put you on the bottom if you hit them on a plane.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts