2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy my fellow fishing buds, hey any input on the Shimano Tyrnos? I just purchased the Tyrnos 30II two speed and really looking forward to put it to the test on the Big E.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have seen them but haven't used them. They have 33 pounds of drag. I think they are an upgraded TLD. The TLD is a proven workhorse. I wouldn't expect anything but better than that from the Tyrnos. That, of course, is all good news. Let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely, I will definitely post my opinion and facts about this reel. The personnel at FTU said the same about a higher and more user friendly 2 speed operation than the TLD, again another fine reel and workhorse. Thanks for ur reply.....appreciate it.

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,319 Posts
I've got one that I'm happy with. I've caught several AJ's up to
about 45lbs and some nice Snapper with it. I've had it out about
8 or 9 times with no problems. The one I have is a single speed.
Good luck with your new reel I'm sure you'll be pleased, Later Baker

·
4,319 Posts
Just be carefull Joe if your going to put 100lb Power pro
on the reel. If you plan on going to full strike or max drag
be sure your rod,arms and back are ready for that much
power because the reel will handle it. Be sure and let us
hear how the 2speed works for you. Good Luck on your
trip. Later Baker

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutely Baker, I have had several knowledgable inputs from using that type of tensile strength of line on that reel. I was of course thinking if I am bottom fishing and if some critter decides to run my line through the coals down deep, I may at least have the chance to switch to a lower gear on the tyrnos and turn his head upward and keep constant pressure on him, (or her ). i really appreciate your comments and will definitely take them to heed. I'm going out tomorrow with a friend of mine and heading out of Freeport and see what happens. Its been awhile since I put my 30TW and 9500's out there....love to exercise those drag systems, as I know u know what i mean. I'll give you a report once I heal from the sun and a normal wear and tear an offshore venture takes out of you, that is if the minimal cold front headed out way doesn't play a factor. Later Baker....tight lines....

·
4,319 Posts
I'm stuck here at work for the next 4 nights so it will most
likely flatten out. Looking forward to a report. Later Baker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts