2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Shimano Trevala rods?

7K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Bazztex 
Trevala rods

the extra heavy action Trevala rod comes with a gimbal butt. I bought the lighter rod when they were first available. It did not have the gimbel so I had the rod repair shop put one on (price very reasonable). Very easy to do yourself if you prefer. Love both rods-can be used for multiple purposes-casting, jigging, bottom fishing. On recent trip to floaters, I only had to take 3 rods-trolling rig for wahoo, chunking rod with 50W and the trevala. Next trip I will use the Trevala for chunking to see if I only need 2 rigs (will take a spare on a trip this long and expensive).
After looking at reels at Islander Custom Tackle, I choose the Trinadad 40 with 65# spectra to use with the Trevala. When jigging I LOVE Shimanos "super stopper" anti-reverse-no annoying back and forth motion of reel spool with each jig of the rod and the drag system on the Trinidad 40 can go to 33 lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.