2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there.....just got this Shimano Stradic 2500 for my birthday and wanted to know if anyone has used one and if it's reliable reel...got this one to replace an older model that was the worst Shimano I've ever used..froze up and bent a pin. PLEASE ADVISE...:)

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
I love mine. Loaded it with 20# Powerpro braided on a Shimano 7-ft in-shore calcutta rod. It's my go to rod and reel when fishing for reds and trout in wind

·
Yep...
748 Posts
I have the 4k stradic for over 2years now, great reel, smooth drag, just wish they still put the wood hadle on them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My was great at first but went down hill after the first year. By the 2nd year it still worked but made all kind of noises. I do know others who have them and are really happy though.

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
The Stradic 2500's are my #1 reels! I've got (4) 2500, (1) 4000, and (1) 6000. All are awesome and so so sooooo smooth! Love the drag systems and durability. The 2500s are on 7' Light Med AllStar Classics. Use the 4000 on a 7'6" St. Croix and the 6000 is my offshore rig. Again, all are great! Hope u enjoy them as much as I do!!!

·
DOINK
10,030 Posts
Great reel... i used those in S. Florida fishing for sails and kings.... Never had an issue. I i REALLY tested the drag on these... large sails on 20# test will show any flaws in a reel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts