2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only get 17 lbs max drag on my new Stella 10KSW reel.
Should it be much higher than that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes PE6 Avani 10 x 10 jigging line - no - the braid line is not slipping at all - it was spooled by FTU

* I use my Stella 8KSWPG instead & the drag was set to 20 lbs with no problem.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
had a similar problem and what happen was just a cosmetic flaw , the drags were under greased . Just a light touch of grease & back to work

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I had one a while back that was over greased. Cleaned the excess grease out and worked like a charm.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
I would imagine its a grease issue, or at least it sounds like it. If you are still having problems then take the reel to FTU for warranty repair.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would imagine its a grease issue, or at least it sounds like it. If you are still having problems then take the reel to FTU for warranty repair.
Planning on doing that as soon as I get back in town
Bantam1 - the issue seems to be with only 10KSW reel so far - any reason why?
I have no issues with the FA models reels (20K,10K, 8K)
Now with Stella 20KSW, 18KSW, 8KSWPG - they are fine

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
Its probably just your reel. I have not heard many complaints, atualyl this is the second one I have heard. The other issue was on an 18000. It can happen because people assemble the reels so there can be human error. This is why the reels come with a warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bantam1 - I bought a spare 10KSW spool & try it - I am able to get 35 lbs of drag without any issue
So it will narrow down to the spool itself - when I get some time, I will stop by FTU to get it repair or replace.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts