2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to choose between very well built reconditioned chronarcs or getting the new style for the same price. I have heard some complaints about the new style. I would like to know some opinions from those of you who have used both. Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I don't know what to say. I thought the gold Chronarch (when I bought it) was the ultimate...and it is. Then Shimano came out with a couple new (and more expensive) reels that had more bearings, bells and whistles. I can honestly say I may have wasted my money. That first Chronarch casts as great, if not better and lighter, than the new ones. They are all great! Finding a refurbished well maintained Chronarch at a good price would be my recommendation. New and/or good conditioned bearings and drag washers are the key. Good luck! CF?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
My Mg 50 is going to see the doctor in the morning. I noticed something I didn't like today.

You might consider the non-magnesium frame Chronarch.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
i have got 2 of the old gold chronarchs that are unbeatable, as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. No doubt that I like the old ones, but I don't know if I want the new ones, instead, for the same money.
trout250 said:
i have got 2 of the old gold chronarchs that are unbeatable, as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I love the old curados... I bought one of the new ones and used it one time... I dont like the gears, but it is a smooth reel.. Just not the reel for my rods . Give you a deal on it lol... $170

Thomas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts