2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with my CU-200, when I'm testing out my drag i can feel the spool vibrating and the spool does not rotate smoothly as line comes off of it. I dont get the same vibration on my Citita 200E or the Curado E7. :headknock

Could it be that I'm over lubricating the drag washer? Or possibly have something installed incorrectly?

Thanks!

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,634 Posts
Do you get the same unevenness when the reel is in free-spool or just when you are pulling drag? If only under drag, try it at several different drag settings. What model is the reel (200b, 200d, 200e). The newer reels have different washer material, and give better drag when properly lubricated, but can be damaged if they are not lubed and start binding. Diagnosis is tough without the reel in my hand, but maybe we can figure it out.

Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the side plate is closed correctly, i will try to take off some of the lubricant and see if it will help.

When the reel is engaged it seems fine only when i try to pull line off the reel feels like it's vibrating and line doesn't come off smooth.

Not sure what model it's just the old green curado CU-200

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,634 Posts
Since it is the older 200, the drag washer is the cloth/fiber type. Take the drag and wipe off all the grease and then bend the drag washer back and forth in all directions. This will get any flat spots out, and open up the fiber to allow grease to work in. Now apply fine fine coat of grease to both side and re-assemble the reel.

Also make sure the bearing that rides on the spool under the pinion is turning freely. This bearing may be binding a little bit, and it may not be obvious untill you are putting pressure on it.

MIke

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
took the reel apart last night and cleaned off the drag washer then put on some proper drag grease.

it seemed to help but i guess i will find out this weekend if i can put it to the test against some reds.

thanks again MikeinFriendswood and Bantam1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts