2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Bantam,I have a question for you.A friend of mine gave me a Calais CL 200 A that was submerged in surge water from Ike.Recently He found the reel while cleaning his garage area.I havn't tore it down yet,just soaked it in fresh water then sprayed it with Real magic.The mechanics seem to work fine even though I plan to service it completely.I have been told this is realy not a saltwater reel but it is smooth as butter and for free,well?My problem stems from the blisters that have formed all over the side plates and outer shell.They are not to horribly bad but I can just imagine the looks I would get anybody seeing this reel in this condition.Are these parts available for sale?What would these replacement parts cost and where what adress would I order from.I appreciate your time and any light you may be able to shed on these questions,Christopher.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Hope u get it fixed cause that's a mighty fine reel. I recently acquired one just like yours and after fishing with it a couple of times I am thoroughly impressed. I don't even grab my curados anymore. You can download the schematics which has all the parts number and probably order it from there. U might even try to call FTU causes they also have parts.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
All of the parts are available. They are expensive. Replacing all of the apperance parts will probably be close to over 1/2 the cost of purchasing a new reel.

The Calais is approved for use in saltwater. They do require a strict maintenance schedule when used in saltwater. The tight tollerances mean more places for salt to get stuck. If you are good about maintaining your reels then you should not have a problem.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the replies fellows.Bantam,is there anywhere or way that i can get a price list on the external pretties for this reel?Thanks,Christopher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts