2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished SLP friday 6-11-04, caught this 2' shark on a 6" whiting, released. its stout like a bullshark but its snout isn't very blunt, so maybe a blacktip? thanks for your help.

this baby angelfish washed up with the seaweed/sargasum. took some pics and released it into deeper water.

·
Vendor
93 Posts
That shark is a blacktip pup, probably born early this year...Sargassum fish. My boy likes to fill a clear water bottle w/saltwater and collect all the sargassum species when he's on the beach; crab, shrimp, sea hare & your fish - I think there's also a type of puffer...At least he has found one good use for seaweed...Adios!

·
Banned
137 Posts
Careful with the "angelfish", it looks to be in the rockfish/lionfish family, and if so, the dorsal spines are venomous. Maybe not, but better to be safe than sorry.

Juan

·
Registered
437 Posts
They're right,

It's a Sargassumfish. No venomous spines, but the dorsal spines of the family are modified into fishing poles and lures....... I caught a sargassumfish a few years ago, that lived in my tank almost 2 years. Pretty aggressive feeder too, it would eat juvenile mullet and pinfish larger than he was....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts