2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sharks will sometimes bump an object to try to figure out what it is. Thank goodness that person didn't get bit. I've never been bumped, but saw it happen once on Matagorda Island. Watched my 275# buddy get knocked over in a stomach deep wade gut. After the screaming and yelling was over, we looked, and he had a big, red brush mark on his thigh.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Pain, I had a shark skin by me in Tampa while growing up there off clearwater beach.
Still got a pretty good scare from it too in 3 places leg and foot, All I really remember now is it was big and i was only up to my waist. Glad he is ok and just alittle bruised it sure could have been worse, sharks usually just skim by and bump testing for a food source. Bill told me he is seeing some huge sharks over 7' close to surfside by the way the 7'blacktip got boated about mid way of the jetty on the pedestrian side of the beach( now that is scary) he said people were all in the water.. and never knew.
Lynn
again glad he is ok except some skins.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have seen bumping on shark shows. I also have heard of bumping descriped in a shark attack. And unless the water had no visibility I think a red fish would have been a brush and not a bump. A big object on the dinner table where there is limited visability, if you were a shark wouldn't you touch it before you took a big bite and took a chance of ruining those nice sharp teeth. Glad for him it was just a bump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.