2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One proud Daddy!

Took the family down to San Luis Pass last weekend. A little R&R and a lot of fishing. We were aiming for sharks and that's what he caught! Two of them in fact. I must admit, I chunked the bait out for him, but he fought them all by himself. I gave him some lessons on holding them. Both were returned to the water alive. Very frisky in fact.

Fact of the matter is he caught the only two fish of the weekend. I got a bazillion dollars in fishing equipment, and he catches them on an old rod on a double drop leader with cut bait. Highlight of the weekend was when I said you hold them for the picture, and my son said "will he bite?" I said of course, so hold on tight and don't let him turn around. He put a determined look on his face and held tight for the picture.

The good lord willing ... I can't wait for future trips.

PS. The good thing about SLP is no one goes home unhappy ... thanks to the ICE CREAM MAN!

Attachments

·
Registered
810 Posts
Nice report good to see my kids are not the only ones who toss the rod in the sand to get the fish off. LOL

·
On the hunt for Pez Gallo.
591 Posts
thats awsome man....keep it up!!! slp is a fun area for the surf, got my first shark there and many after.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congats

Hey ZD, what were you driving this past weekend? I think that I passed by you when you were taking that picture. Small world.

Leadhead

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leadhead said:
Hey ZD, what were you driving this past weekend? I think that I passed by you when you were taking that picture. Small world.

Leadhead
Leadhead,

Had a whole caravan on the beach. I drive a 2003 Nissan xTerra. It has a custom Shrockwerks bumper on the front, so it's pretty easy to recognize. The rest of the caravan included 2 minivans. We head down there about once a month, if you see me, c'mon by. Always interested in meeting fellow 2coolers in person.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Ice Cream Man

Before they fixed the road at the pass, I have seen that ice cream man get hard core getting through the sand. Scared he is not to get that white truck to the kiddo's!!!! LOL....

·
Unruly Member
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I promise you ...

Bukmstr said:
Before they fixed the road at the pass, I have seen that ice cream man get hard core getting through the sand. Scared he is not to get that white truck to the kiddo's!!!! LOL....
I promise you ... if the ice cream man got stuck, my kids would demand I get the tow chain out of the xTerra and immediately rescue the ice cream man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts