2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:​
Sittin here at work starting to think about fishing this weekend. I've said for a couple of years now that I would make a checklist to make sure I got there with everything I needed for the house, boat, fishing, food, etc..​

Why reinvent the wheel? Surely, some of you really smart people have a check list in a Word doc that you could post up for those of us less gifted.

C'mon man, help a brotha out!:wink:

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
4 of us went on an unguided elk hunt last year. We started our checklist about 3 months ahead of time. Good and bad...
We had everything we needed, but we sure took a heck of a lot of chit.. LOL

·
Banned
26,286 Posts
R I T G O B

R I T G O B...This my acronym not to forget the mandatory things that will end a trip before it even gets started...Rods, Ice, Tackle, Gas, Oil, & Beer...Everything else stays stocked in the boat like sunscreen, water, H20 proof digital camera, peanut butter crackers, fishing license, net, wading gear, raincoat, etc...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
R I T G O B...This my acronym not to forget the mandatory things that will end a trip before it even gets started...Rods, Ice, Tackle, Gas, Oil, & Beer...Everything else stays stocked in the boat like sunscreen, water, H20 proof digital camera, peanut butter crackers, fishing license, net, wading gear, raincoat, etc...
be sure to add bk to that for boat keys!

·
cluck, cluck
274 Posts
I agree preparation is overrated, you'll end up bringing WAY too much stuff and won't have room for all that fish you'll be bringing home!

But don't forget that PFD and enjoy the adventure. . . . .

·
Registered
464 Posts
Plug in boat before launching.

Preparing is way overrated, cuts down on the adventure.
boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug,
boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug, boat plug,

and i still forget it!

·
Banned
26,286 Posts
I would add to that:
Charge the boat battery.
I don't know where to fit that in your acronym.
Boat stays plugged in...4 bank onboard charger for starter & all three Optima trolling motor batteries...will not overcharge...

Plug in boat before launching.

No plugs on a Blackjack...

Preparing is way overrated, cuts down on the adventure.
I just have to make sure I don't twist off too hard the night before so I don't oversleep or feel bad on my fishing trip...I'm gradually growing out of being stupid...it's taken me 44 years to grow up, but hey...who's counting...:cool:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Stored

Guess I'm fortunate, my rod racks are right next to dedicated shelves for my fishing equipment. I live in Cypress and my boat lives in POC so all the "stuff" I bring home to clean and maintain has to stay in one place or I could find myself running to Wally world in Port Lavaca for an emergency Snoopy rod to fish a trip with.

·
For the Fish!!
4,045 Posts
We have a boat bag that has the key, gps, depthfinder, boat regs. and binocs. Since there are 3 of us that use the boat, it makes it easier to remember. The last person to use the boat fills it up with gas and oil and makes sure it is clean and turns off the battery. We each have our own pfd in the locker at the boat lift. Before using the boat, the plugs are put back in, everything hooked up and pfd's are on and we're off. Of course rods and gear are up to the individual fisherpersons.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts