2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shallow Water Shootout....please read

Where will it be held? Who is in? and who is incharge of this sure-to-be-loads-of-fun event?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
skinnyme,

we dont have any yet. at this point its still all talk but hopefully something can be put together so we can see how shallow our boats can actually go with out just guestamating.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont want to take full charge of this get together, just a smigion. who wants to be in charge?

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
I would suggest that if this does go down, that that the test be done on a sand bottom. I know it is harder on hulls and props, but I don't think it is very ethical to churn up a bunch of mud and grass somewhere.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stuart said:
I would suggest that if this does go down, that that the test be done on a sand bottom. I know it is harder on hulls and props, but I don't think it is very ethical to churn up a bunch of mud and grass somewhere.
no sand ever hurt me...

·
Lurker
151 Posts
I agree with Stuart. No need to do something that intentionally leaves scars in the mud and grass. I thought ya'll were talking about a little tournament or something. Heck, I already know my boat can get the skinniest:p .

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think we should have a two-part tourney: half sand, half mud. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The nice thing about SLP is deep water is only a couple of feet away.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,346 Posts
Catn' Around said:
The nice thing about SLP is deep water is only a couple of feet away.
We could always run Mud Cut between West Glaveston and Bastrop Bay. That's just north of the pass. It has made me pucker a couple of times running it in the Flats Cat.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
SLP could be done in conjunction with the beach gathering for those who will be attending. If it's POC then J should set it up. It was his idea!!! There will be very little damage to the bottom and/or rigs if we start the competition in about 12" of water on a hard sand bottom. Those that make it up in 12" move into 10". In water this shallow your rig will either get up or it won't. It does no good to over rev the motor if the prop does not bite after about 5 seconds.

·
Genesis 9:2-3 & Deuteronomy 12:15-16
21,165 Posts
TooShallow said:
If it's POC then J should set it up. It was his idea!!!
Dang sure was. But I like the way yall are handling it. Keep on planning. SLP sounds like a good spot. :D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I know with my rig in supper shallow water it normally takes over 5 seconds to get up especially in sand. Another nice thing about slp and mud cut is any damage we do will be erased come the next tide.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts