2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at several Classics from late 80s to mid 90s ranging from 10k-15K, prices have only gone up on these boats since covid and apparently $80k is the new normal for any new boat but anyway. What are the most important things to look at on these older shallow sports. I am not stuck on that brand but definitely a no sides skiff style boat. What is an average price to have a raised console installed on a boat? Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have looked at several Classics from late 80s to mid 90s ranging from 10k-15K, prices have only gone up on these boats since covid and apparently $80k is the new normal for any new boat but anyway. What are the most important things to look at on these older shallow sports. I am not stuck on that brand but definitely a no sides skiff style boat. What is an average price to have a raised console installed on a boat? Thanks
. Look for cracks in transom, under front lip and underneath look for possible crack repair from stringer separation. Also examine deck for soft spots and rot because it’s plywood with glass. I’ve owned an 18’ since 1988

·
fish control my brain
7,736 Posts
Deck soft spots…. And saturated wood that never got glassed
very common on SS older hulls… but the design is great… I have seen more and more loose the raised deck on smaller hulls to drop weight…they stand on the CC for higher viewing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts