2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,976 Posts
I was thinking a couple days ago that you need to allow that incision to heal before you get in a boat, just in case you got lake water on you. But I think Friday will make 11 days and the incision may be healed by then.

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
I kicked the walker to the side after my last round of workouts today. feeling good, but the PT will give me the all clear officially tomorrow. I'm thinking I'll kick the cane aside soon as well the way recovery is going.
The very best thing is I don't have the nagging hip pain that's been hindering me for 20 years and the occasional Five alarm acute pain episodes I've had in the past two years.
My right leg is starting to regain strength and feeling so I feel blessed indeed.
Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers.

I want to share a story about thoughts and prayers in light of the tragic devastation Covid is wrecking on the world.
My wife's daughter has a very good friend who's husband has been in a very bad way with Covid, intubated, unconscious, and deathly sick in the hospital for some time.
Her daughter felt a powerful need to focus her thoughts and prayers on the person recently, as her and her ex husband had lived across the street, they were once close and she indicate that she put a lot into the moment, some extra time and visualization of the man. She really put her heart into it.
A day later her friend told her that her husband had woke up, and when he did he related that she(my wife's daughter) had come to visit him( and referred to her by her last name at the time name when she lived across the street from them), and that they had spent a long time visiting and they had talked about all of the things they knew and did together. Of course my wife's daughter did not physically go to the hospital and visit her friend, but her thoughts and prayers reached him in a most meaningful way.
In this time of tragic outcomes for so many, keep praying and thinking positive thoughts for the people who need it.

·
INFIDEL to Some, but Loves my Saviour
10,296 Posts
Good to see you're up and running, and rehab is successful. They've come so far on the hip surgeries, from a few years back. Bet you can't wait to get back! As a hip and back pain sufferer, I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Tight lines, and soon to be, more happy customers!

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
Yep the Dr. said the x-ray looked fantastic!, "any questions?" he said.
And I asked, "can I go fishing?" and the answer was as long as I can keep within the parameters of movement and safety.
So I am meeting the new deckhand, Shay Wilcox, at 8:00 in the morning to teach her some drift fishing and then she is going give the Wild Frontier a good scrubbing.
Ready for the 2021/2022 season!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Good to see you getting out and about. I want some of that stuff you takin if it will take me back in time like you. I only have hydrocodone and whiskey. It is not that good. If you feel up to it in a couple weeks come this way or we can go north on livingston and catch you some crappie. Not going to rush you and don't want you to rush the recovery.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts