2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here on Gaston Lake(on the Va./N.C. border)the local striper club has been very active during the last year or so with shad restocking.They,along with NC Wildlife Dept.,stocked 240,000 "pregnant"Threadfin shad in the pond several months ago.In Sept.,they will do it again.The local realtors around the lake are donating to the cause.Have ya'll seen or heard of similar bait replenishment programs on ya'lls water?I have to say it's a capital idea,since,after all,shad are the''life blood" of most inland bodies of water.Comments?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think they did sort of the same thing on Bay Springs (tenn-tom waterway) a couple of years ago. We had no shad to speak of, and the fishing was suffering from it. And they still have no skipjack. You would think connected to Pickwick that they would be here also. I think it is a novel idea if it works.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bait Stocking...

I forgot alot of you live on big river systems.The striper club here is very pro-active,and all of the "good" years from stockings are coming to fruition,now.In other words,the lake is full of stripers,bluecats,and largemouths,and they want to make sure the stripers get their share.The shad this year are as thick as I've ever seen 'em and I welcome the thought of a quarter million more bein' dump in .BTW,we have Blueback Herring,Theadfin Shad,Alewife,and Gizzard Shad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts