2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is one for ya. Spent last week at the bay house with 2 other couples. One of the men became ill friday evening(flu, covid symptoms) We decided to call it a day early and all went to the same test center in Pt Lavaca and tested. Got results back yesterday. Sure enough he and his wife tested positive, Us and the other couple are negative. We are the only couple that have not vaccinated. I guess this only a freak of nature thing or does the vaccine not work for all. Please note neither are seriously ill only symptoms at this point

·
Salty Dawg
7,695 Posts
Here is one for ya. Spent last week at the bay house with 2 other couples. One of the men became ill friday evening(flu, covid symptoms) We decided to call it a day early and all went to the same test center in Pt Lavaca and tested. Got results back yesterday. Sure enough he and his wife tested positive, Us and the other couple are negative. We are the only couple that have not vaccinated. I guess this only a freak of nature thing or does the vaccine not work for all. Please note neither are seriously ill only symptoms at this point
Vaccine reduces the odds of contracting covid-19 but not eliminate the chance. It also reduces the severity if you do get it.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
that sounds like weatherman standards right there. Lol
lmao, sounds like a democrat covering for a democrat if there was ever a such thing. these people actually vote, amazing we all live in the same world. in reality these type things tell me we are probably doomed. 🤙

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I guess this only a freak of nature thing or does the vaccine not work for all. Please note neither are seriously ill only symptoms at this point
Depending on which vaccine you get and whether or not your BMI is over 30, there is a small chance that you will not get full immunity from the vaccine. 97% to 98% do get full immunity. This is tested by a simple Titer antibody test. It measures your antibody levels, same as one might do to see if you need a tetanus booster before you travel abroad. Interesting thing my doctor told me is that if your BMI is over 30, you are less likely to get full immunity from the vaccine, in which case you could get a third shot. Since I have a BMI of 38, he told me to wait a month after the second shot & then get tested for the antibodies. I am scheduled to do so this Friday.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Just went to a Houston Plant and Garden store. You know, where all the plants are OUTSIDE?

Probably a hundred people there shopping. Wife and I were the ONLY two people there not wearing masks.

Outside.
You get rattled when you’re wading wet and look around and see everyone else is wearing waders?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You and the other stubborn unvaxxers don't have an effect on my getting infected, but because of you, the mask and social distancing mandate will be greatly extended
with outbreaks still happening further in the future,
The mandates are only being extended for the people who are allowing them to be extended......

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

121 - 131 of 131 Posts