2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to a Houston Plant and Garden store. You know, where all the plants are OUTSIDE?

Probably a hundred people there shopping. Wife and I were the ONLY two people there not wearing masks.

Outside.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Doesn't bother me one bit wanna wear a mask wear one if you don't no problem as i prefer to not wear one. My biggest concern has been how easily it's been to convince people to wear them with no answer as to when you won't need them. I'm afraid now if there is a flu that causes diarrhea and people were told to wear diapers or depends they would go along with it.

·
Texas Aggie Fisherman
2,981 Posts
Sometimes people want to err on the side of caution. Life is too short to worry about petty things that others may or may not be doing. I walk my daughter to school everyday from a parking spot to crosswalk OUTSIDE. Yes, outside. I wear a mask, as does she while we walk amongst other parents and kids. I'd just rather set the example and we both wear it because she wears it in school. It definitely can't hurt and isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. Being outside doesn't prevent you from not catching it. Not sure what the scam mentioned is. In the past year, over 500,000 people have died that were not "expected". If it wasn't covid causing those 500,000+ deaths then it must have been something else I guess?

·
Got better things to do than play games
17,015 Posts
^^^ They died of something... Maybe the flu. ^^^

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wear a mask as a courtesy to others. I am not trying to make a point. I also have friends who are no long with us as a result of Covid. Not a scam this is the real deal that has caused a sadness and sorrow to many families.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
I think there will be a subset of people who wear a mask from now on. They will look like Japanese tourists in line to get in The Louvre Museum, sans the umbrella. And with everyone volunteering the date of each vaccine shot they get, and the maker of their vaccine, that could carry over into their providing details of when they get their regular flu shot, when they take aspirin or ibuprofen, and what ointment they use on their hemorrhoids.

·
Typical Texan
8,414 Posts
at this time it is the courteous/mannerly thing to do. i look at it the same as wearing a ball cap or hat indoors. i don’t think it matters one way or the other, but to be polite i always take off my cap inside, especially out in public. wearing a mask is just like that. wearing a mask doesn’t protect me or others, but if it puts somebody else at ease, i can do that and not be so self centered to not care.

·
Registered
693 Posts
We were at Houston Garden today as well. I too was amazed at how many people were wearing masks outdoors. I turned to my wife to say something about it and saw that she and the 2 grand daughters were also wearing masks.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Why would you care enough to take the time to make a post? If you still haven’t figured it out, they were being courteous towards others. Those rat bastards. Where do they get off behaving like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
for me it's simply the fact that the virus was man made, released by man to kill the US economy, hence Trumps fault. The virus was not as bad as the lame stream media and the democrats made it out to be. When the reported death toll was 210K, the CDC corrected the record and stated only 9K were directly from covid, the others were a combination. So the 500K number is realistically approximately 25K based on percentages. Keep in mind the virus is so deadly 90% of the people infected have to be tested and told they have it, as there are no symptoms. Infants, babies and children are virtually immune from it. The majority of the fatalities are a small percentage of elderly with underlying health issues.

It was a direct attack on the American way of life, the west is despised by most of the world. Our democratic leaders and the media are in bed with the entire world in an effort to bring us down. Covid has been the most effective tool they've used so far. That's why they don't want to let it go, it's working miracles in their mission. Fear and not reality/science has won the day. We need to throw every mask in the country in the trash and send a clear message, take back the white house and both chambers of congress. Wake up America before it's too late, they've gained a lot of ground with the election steal. We need to fight "now or never".

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My point: It was outside, and most folks were a ways away from others. While I completely believe (due to multiple studies) that the masks are theater, I too am courteous and wear IN places.

And before the virtue signalers bark at me, I've had it and I'm vaccinated. Vaccinated because my wife is a cancer survivor and she asked me to do so.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The niceties are going to change the way of life for millions of people

The only way to get back to normal is to
Act Normal and wearing a mask, especially outdoors, is not normal
Stop Perpetuating the insanity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
While calling it a "scam" doesn't do much to bring opposing viewpoints together, there are points to be made like this. I realize I've captured a screenshot of a politically motivated post, but that doesn't change the fact that the way we are doing things in Texas are with looking at.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts