2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some good info from fellow 2coolers last week on remodeling a place in Rockport. So I need to know if anyone recommends or if someone on this board installs septics?? At this place we need to put either a mound system or full aerobic system? I have never priced a system before and I have called a few places and they all have price differences up to 1000K. I really would like to know what to expect to pay??

Anybody have an idea for a small 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom system, around 1800 sq feet.

Also any recommendations on a mound vs aerobic system? Which one you would get or change to if you could?

Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
Got some good info from fellow 2coolers last week on remodeling a place in Rockport. So I need to know if anyone recommends or if someone on this board installs septics?? At this place we need to put either a mound system or full aerobic system? I have never priced a system before and I have called a few places and they all have price differences up to 1000K. I really would like to know what to expect to pay??

Anybody have an idea for a small 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom system, around 1800 sq feet.

Also any recommendations on a mound vs aerobic system? Which one you would get or change to if you could?

Thanks
I don't think an 1800 sq ft home will need a million dollar septic system, either that or i am in the wrong bisness.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I f you have an old system try to keep it going if possible. If you get an aerobic installed just know they will have to crush in any preexisting ones, and start and annual inspection that ranges anywhere from $200-400 (depending on who you go with).

·
cat lover
5,431 Posts
about $9 k plus or minus for instaleed 500-600 gal per day unit. the county you are in will tell you what system you can put in based on the soil and saturation tests.

aerobics can be a pain in the ***** with the air pump problems they can have....getting alot better than the old ones but still a problem. i would not go with a drip type. if you have a heavy rain or are in an area that can flood your system can not get rid of the treated water and it will cause you to back up. do an above ground spray if you can.
we looke at a house in rockport that had a drip system a few years ago right after a tropical storm dumped a bunch of rain and a nice tide surge. great house price was right but the septic was backing up because the yard was soaked and flooded.....house still has not sold 2-1/2 years later a house without a working septic aint worth ####
i have a friend that was quoted about $9k for one last year in rockport and he is about 3 miles from the water...if that helps

mc

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
1000 bucks sounds really cheap. We just had an aerobic system installed in Brazos county. Ran us about $6000, though it's a slighter larger home.

·
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha!!! Yeah I meant to say that the places I have talked to differ in prices, some 1000 dollars more than others!!! Thanks for the help, the old system is not an option anymore since this place is going to be remodeled. It was not the appropriate system to start with anyways. So I do plan to get it replaced. I was getting some quotes in the low 6000, so I guess that sounds reasonable if some have been paying 9K.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Call Clark Construction 361-729-2488, I dealt with Floyd Clark. They installed a tank for me 5 years ago in Rockport for $5800.00. They did a first class job and I have never had any problems with it. They also leveled out the drain field area and piled up a lot of brush. Clark Construction is located on Market Street

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have had an aerobic system for twenty years. $6000.00 +/- is about right. I have mine inspected four times a year for a fee and I have to purchase chlorine tablets that the inspection guy puts in. I used "Hurts Septic" located in Ganado. The trick with an aerobic system is to have it inspected routinely. Mine is 5 years old and have had no problems. Make SURE the company installing it has a long track record. Some dude with a backhoe could be problems.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Go with IH-10 Contracting. Ricky just did our septic on our coast house and had done our septic 20 years ago in the hill country. We have been good friends for years!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts