2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my hunting season started off w the worst start possible. 2 weeks before season starts the guy that I had agreed to lease 90 acres from for me and my son to hunt in Leon county informed me that he had an emergency in his family and was gonna have to sell his ranch. Talk about a bummer...I had only had a feeder/camera on it 2 weeks and already had pics of several nice deer that were coming reguraly. But there isnt much that you can do in that situation and I actually felt really bad for the guy. A deathly ill grandson is a real sad situation...mine was just a temp setback. However, thanks to my uncle, and a fellow 2Cooler (Wet Dreams..Walter) I have been able to get a few hunts in close to Hardin/Jefferson county area and certainly appreciate some of the real good guys we have here on 2Cool. Thanks to (Wet Dreams) and his father I was able to see quite a few deer the past few weeks, learn alot about some land my uncle has owned for over 30 years and also was able to bring home a hog today. And im on my way to having a nice hunting spot for me and my son for next season. So for all the knuckleheads we have on here...I wanna make sure everyone knows we have some really good guys and top notch deer hunters on here as well!

Attachments

·
Buzzards gotta eat! same as worms!!!!
2,944 Posts
This site has many great people....Willing to share and help.....Glad it turned out good for ya........

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Roy, showing you your uncles prop sure brought back some old memories, we didn't touch but a 1/3 of it, the rest is better looking than what we saw, no dought about it. Surely when we first talked of it you had to dought what I told you BUT theres no dought I made a believer out of you. Anytime you can see as many deer as we saw this late in the yr, out of a truck, confirms what I had told you about that place, it is loaded with wildlife and they are deer dieing of 'old age' in there. I see your son did in fact love the hog, maybe next yr he can get in on some of the action. With a little practice you can get a little quicker on loading a muzzle loader for a followup shot, when you want to practice just give me a shout. Hope all goes well concerning that little piece of E Texas property. BTW my dad got another hog late yesterday and YES I'm sick of skinning them, I'm gonna hide his ammo....WW

Reactions: RogerB

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not surprised he got another hog yesterday eve, he seems to be a hell of a hunter with many years experience. I enjoyed hanging out and look forward to hunting together again. I dropped the hog off and am getting some jalapeno/cheese sausage done and some spicey breakfast sausage, so that should be good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts