2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M18 and a Scalpel. I really dont feel like messing with the Scalpel. As far as the M18 goes, its the non pro version but I have it really tricked out with Motek and all so it doesnt behove me to buy another kit just to get wheels. If I could find the upgrade thing, I might consider running the M18 again. Either way I still have to buy another motor and speedo.

Truth is, Im an offroader and I have a proposal. Offroad is picking up really well and I would like to run another class, like truck maybe! But in order to pull that off we would have to seperate the buggys and the trucks. I really like the M18s, but the difference between the two cars I have is like night and day. Just when I get used to one car, now I have to drive the other and I fear itll hurt my driving.

And no, I dont want an 18R so dont nobody suggest it! :D

Most likely its fix up the M18 or get the RC18T since I allready have plenty of extra parts. Id rather get the truck. And race the second class at a reduced rate! :slimer:

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i really dont see the need to. i mean they are almost the exact same thing with just different wheels and a body

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Is there really a difference between buggy and truck when it comes to 1/18's? For Associated's it's the same car with a different body.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
the only reason i would see the need is if people started coming out with vendetta buggies. but i mean kinda the whole point of running 2 different classes is a difference between the two

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be kind of redundant wouldnt it? The reason I was thinking of another RC18 was because I allready have alot extra parts. I dont want a Vendetta. Its just not me. Maybe the Losi MiniT?

·
Like a Rock
987 Posts
Gary, If you decide to run a different brand let me know. I will take the 18T parts off your hands :)

I wouldnt go for the mini T. They are simply wimply lol

I am thinking about one of the scapels. Those cars look awesome.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
thats the only reason i see splitting up the offfroad classes is if we get more mini-t's coming out.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
IMO i think we should run the 18r's more like a rally class. use the smaller jumps we have and make them use the wall

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
They don't handle the wall well at all nik......some small little jumps would be cool and easy to insert under the RCP.

I too am patiently waiting for that body Guff!

I can't believe how terrible I was driving yesterday in that car! I think my tires had a coat of dust on them, cause they were just sliding everywhere! Do you clean your tires off between heats guff? On-road stuff is still all so new to me.....I'm having to learn a new set of driving rules

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
ok, but i still think that small jumps would make the 18r class that much more challenging, interesting, and most of all, fun. i would even be more tempted to buy an 18r if we did that. i would build jumps for it too

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Courtney Vaughan said:
They don't handle the wall well at all nik......some small little jumps would be cool and easy to insert under the RCP.

I too am patiently waiting for that body Guff!

I can't believe how terrible I was driving yesterday in that car! I think my tires had a coat of dust on them, cause they were just sliding everywhere! Do you clean your tires off between heats guff? On-road stuff is still all so new to me.....I'm having to learn a new set of driving rules
No I don't do anything Courtney. The track had gotten pretty slick for the main.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i think its the fact that the 18r tires are pretty much slicks. i didnt get much traction at all with my slicks on my truck, but when donnie let me borrow his pin tires i had a whole lot more traction

1 - 20 of 57 Posts