2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the other thread hit 30 pages pretty quick...

What are the thought s on running a 2Wd off road class?

I mention it as 2Wd rather than mini T because there are a couple out there; Mini-t, Mini Baja, Tamiya tamtechs, Thunder tiger mini T knockoff...

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I think it's a great idea. The only drawback I see at this point is a potential time/space issue. This little off-road idea has grown a lot faster than I thought it would.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
I also think it would be cool......I would love to pick up a mini-t and squeeze in a little more race time! But like Chris said, time will be an issue.

We were flying through the heats last weekend, and really didn't have too many setbacks between them, and it still lasted from about 10:30-5:30. If we add more classes, then it'll only get longer.

OR, what about putting more people in each heat? For example, sportsman got split up into 3-heats of 4 racers in each.....if we bumped it to 6 racers in each heat, it would eliminate some time.

I know it would be hectic on the track, but that's racing for ya!

OR, what about starting at 9AM?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Something that could possibly help with space/time is running vehicles more per heat. The mains had more cars than any of the qualifiers, I know it asks a lot of marshalls, but if we ran 8 cars to a qualifier we could definitely speed thigs up. If we keep the track large like the one we had this past week, I think that 8 is feasible.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
8 cars is a lot, esp. if you're in a heat with Robert. But, more cars per heat = more marshals for the next race too.

·
Banned
4,251 Posts
which = more people running around in the middle of the track almost stepping on your car and getting in front of you while your driving so you drive off the side of the track everytime cause you can't see your car!

just venting a little.....I know there's nothing we can really do about it. I just ended up getting to where I would hit the brakes and stop where I was at on the track until I could see my car again

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Our track is small and tight, our space is limited. I personally think 8 per class would be pandemonium (word of the day). 6 might be doable.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
If we got these loooong sticks with one of those little hand operated claws on the end..... ha ha ha ha ha.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i would like to be able to get a mini-t, but i think the best split we did last weekend, between sportsman and expert

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only thing I didn't care for with the split was the mains, If we are going to combine the mains then we should combine qualifiers.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I agree with Greg. It really didn't make sense to me to have an Expert and sportsman class...then we group them all together for the main.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i kinda liked it because if you did good enough in sportsman class you could race with the experts. it kinda splits itself up

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Im not ignoring yall. The server at home went down and I lost internet access yesterday. Hopefully its back up today.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think it's great to split the qualifiers and combine the mains. You have guys that are not ready to race with the experts and don't want to race with them and the guys that should be moving up into the expert class will be in the A-main with the experts so everything works out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree with the last post. I don't think that we have enough racers to be splitting up the mains. Maybe Trey can set the qualifiers based on his opinion of the racer's abilities rather than asking if they want to race sportman or expert though. That way everyone knows that they are shooting for the A-main

1 - 20 of 27 Posts