2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TExxan1 and MsAdicted (nice to finally meet you Kaylin) had their lights set up so I potlicked in their spot. We fished from about 10-2am and the fishing was looking pretty good until we had a small thunderstorm drop rain on us for about 30 min. After that the wind shifted and picked up to whitecapping the water, the bite stopped. Texxan1 had a couple friends with him as well. Out of 5 folks we managed 9 keepers to 19" before the storm shut us down. Shrimp caught more than piggies but the bigger ones hit the piggies. One caught on a Wildeye shad.
till next time!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
We went to Seawolf Park last Friday night and caught two fish all night (me, my wife, and three other freinds). I have never been skunked there that bad. We fished from dusk till dang near dawn with the lights. The conditions could not have been more perfect (water, wind, tide). Maybe it was the full moon, who knows....

·
aka Salty Nacho
4,426 Posts
big john o said:
We went to Seawolf Park last Friday night and caught two fish all night (me, my wife, and three other freinds). I have never been skunked there that bad. We fished from dusk till dang near dawn with the lights. The conditions could not have been more perfect (water, wind, tide). Maybe it was the full moon, who knows....
Glad to hear (sort of) that I wasn't the only one that struggled Friday night. Everything was perfect here in Seabrook except the bite. Two little hardheads and a small whiting were it for five hours of fishing.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I did catch my biggest trout (probably 18 or 19) on a gold flake DOA. I actually didnt catch anything on piggies but not for lack of trying :) Several dinks on DOA as well.

Nice to finally meet you too Outlaw!

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Off the wall in the channel. Kaylin, I thought there was probably some DOA's in the mix but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Night fishing

Any chance I could join you or at least come by and visit with you during your next evening trip. Night with light set-up sounds like something I would have interest in getting into but have never seen it done so I have no real idea of what is needed - type of lights, generator, etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a lights set up and I've never tried night fishing with a generator before. Any other helpful tips? you guys seem to know your stuff.

Seawolf park sounds like a good spot to try. What about the freeport or galveston jetties?

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts