2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing if anyone knows of some beach that is not ate up with seaweed?
Went to surfside and it's horrible, and would like to go tomorrow and don't mind driving to high island.

·
I fish so there for I am
1,130 Posts
yes, please, someone give some feed back.. planning a trip on Saturday... Against my betters judgement(spring beach),,, the women wants me to take her son...lol... I'm just kidding..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Crystal Beach for us was bad on Tuesday but totally clear on Wednesday

Fished every day this week except yesterday. Crystal Beach area. Only day the weed was bad was Tuesday and it was horrible. Waves got to churning on Wednesday and all the weed cleared out. Fishing was VERY good for us on Wednesday too.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Seaweed

Just seeing if anyone knows of some beach that is not ate up with seaweed?
Went to surfside and it's horrible, and would like to go tomorrow and don't mind driving to high island.
We fished High Island and Rollover and both full of seaweed including the bay at the end of the cut. Nearly impossible to fish. Didn't catch anything either. This was Thursday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
If your going down to the SS area, I would also check out Bryan Beach. I don't know if the wind direction kept the weeds out up close to the jetties.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I tried to fish Crystal Beach yesterday and the weed was horrible, couldn't keep a line out. I got frustrated and went and hung out with some buds on the beach.

·
No1TxSaltwaterAngler
1,131 Posts
Would suspect with the winds we've been having the surf will be a wash unless you have weights the size of a bowling ball to keep it out in all the seaweed. Bay fishing time.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My friend from last trip is borrowing all my gear and headed down to Surfside tomorrow
Think I got him hooked on Surf fishing.
He's going to give a report on the seaweed/conditions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I spent a little time on a West End beach on the weekend. Surf was rough, but the weed was light and the water was gorgeous--jade green right up to the first gut.

·
Work to Fish
173 Posts
Sargent was almost non-existent for weeds yesterday. Spent most of the Day Sunday - along with a whole lot of other people - Didnt do well.. But I chalked it up to poor bait selection.
Guys next to me - were pulling in the occasional Nice looking Reds on Live Shrimp. I didnt talk to them after they pulled up a few yards next to me.. and they moved in front of me in the surf.. I yelled - Did they just want to go home with me too... They got the picture and moved further away..

·
I fish so there for I am
1,130 Posts
was at car bodies on Saturday and the weed was ot bad at all.. just a few small pieces but very manageable... it was nice getting my feet in the sand,, a few whiting,, but no pick ups on the long rods,,,

·
Registered
403 Posts
Had a buddy borrow my gear and fish SLP today. No reports of seaweed. Hooked up on 3 rays, 1 black drum and 1 slot red plus a buncha whiting.

·
Experientia Docet
485 Posts
Yeah, and he's amazingly tall, too.

Jake, edit your birthday in your profile so that it doesn't show you as 1. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts