2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard someone mention on another thread last week, that the seaweed isn't too bad. Anyone down that way have a confirmation on that?

Is it getting better as far as new stuff washing up goes?

I'm headin to the beach in the AM to do a little surf fishing, and general lounging around........if ya know what I mean. Just wondering what to expect.

Thanks in advance for any updates

Have a good one folks................KC

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
I used my Penn 9500 in the surf between 5 &6 last Sunday. Fished from 11:00 am to 6:00pm and didn't clean weed one time. Game Warden checked my license 30 minutes after I got there. Good job by TP&W. Good to see them out checking license.

Bigwater

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Tuesday it was very light

in West End of Galv. Prior to that (last weekend) there was none washing ashore. It seems to come and go.

My kids love it when it is in. They use the dip nets and capture the sargussum and catch sea slugs, pipe fish, sargassum fish, various shrimp and crabs and other wired looking creatures!

Didn't look today........

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I was hoping NOT to have to spend the better part of the day cleaning seaweed from lines, and so far it sounds better than the last time I was there for sure!

KC

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
IseeSpots,

Please do me a favor and fish the Brazoria side of the Pass or over on Bolivar. Galveston doesn't need or want people like us who fish the beaches. Even those of us who live here.

I'll be fishing between 5 & 6 on Saturday, along with some other good TTMBers.

GY

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Galveston Yankee said:
IseeSpots,

Please do me a favor and fish the Brazoria side of the Pass or over on Bolivar. Galveston doesn't need or want people like us who fish the beaches. Even those of us who live here.

I'll be fishing between 5 & 6 on Saturday, along with some other good TTMBers.

GY
That was my plan all along! Either Boliver, or Surfside tomorrow, and Surfside Saturday for sure!!!

Was gonna fish the back lakes Saturday, but I'm gonna have my dog with me and I don't think I would actually get much fishing done with her in the boat....LOL So it's off to the beach!!!

·
Grand Master of Thread Kill
1,591 Posts
nice trout fin...

..i ran matagorda today. weed was bad enough that i wouldn't have bothered if i'd had my big rods. 7-2-04

·
Registered
136 Posts
weeds to logs

Howdy,the seaweed alert has been upgraded to a log warning!Bring your logging chain and hook.Happy 4th to all enjoy the day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts