2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
I dont know if its the closest but its sure works for me.. try sea wold park on pelican island with live figer mullet iono how good it is dureing the summer but I had real good luck there dureing the winter. It gets a little crowded tho.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Swampus said:
61st pier entrance to the right on the rocks! b4 u go in to the pier.
definitely try those groins. sunset is a good bet. i caught 6 on the groin left of the 61st street pier in august.

i use a red/white tail soft plastic and jig it parallel with the rocks. you can use live finger mullet along the rocks too but its harder to control em and i often get snagged.

·
the love of my life
9,585 Posts
find some calm water or semi calm if poss.fish around the edge of structure i walk up on side of a peir slowly jiggin my lure along the pilings and down the otherside try it 2 or three times then go to the next peir if there is one close by try using speck rigs i have had luck doing this but i am no pro--if u catch some flounder i like it stuffed with crab meat and baked in the oven-- now there i am a pro--lol

·
Roll Tide!!!
2,975 Posts
The rock groins that extend out into the water all along the Seawall hold flounder and trash fish. You will loose some tackle, but it's worth the loss. Try several rock groins and keep moving. Some rock groins are better than others. Watch out, some of those rocks can hurt you "when" you fall. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.