2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see them yesterday? Three of them landed and took back off in Dickinson Bay yesterday about noon and then looked liked they headed to Moses Lake. Were they CG?

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
No the were not CG. They came to the marina at stopped in and got something to eat. Kinda neat but I would not fly in one. I don't even like big planes!!

·
The older I get, the better I was.
2,830 Posts
Saw one land and take off a few times when I was out at the Chandeleure Island back in October. Pretty neat to watch. That sea plane needed a long run to get up in the air.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I was wondering the draft , the bay is only 3' deep in front of my house.
What color were the planes? There are less than 10 float planes in the Houston area....with a pic I could probably figure out who it was. My dad and his good friend have a couple but I don't think they were on the coast yesterday. You need about 18 inches to come to a full stop in our plane. They fly Cessna 185's on amphibs. Some belly planes need more. There are also 2 grumman albatross's around. They are huge planes though!

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
They were belly planes Blue,Red and one white with a Eagle on the tail. 2 from Friendswood the other from Pearland, I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts