2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Team OMAB Prostaff
Joined
·
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your ceviche recipe that is.:wink: I need something to do with all my 2nd place fish.
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Not making Ceviche

I'm not going for the second place fish...I'm going to pick up a new gun Tuesday morning, and it will still have a price tag on it...I'm going for those "BIG FISH" that will eat you, after you POP them...that is, when I'm in the water by myself...I wouldn't want Divin Deep to get hit by those "Big Teeth" as I have seen it happen all to many times I'm not afraid of em...I have one hanging on the wall....but please do save your "little Fish" Scubaru for My special Ceviche.

"Goin Deep" team is powered with some heavy Ammo...and we are not afraid of anything...
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
You guys

scubaru said:
Your ceviche recipe that is.:wink: I need something to do with all my 2nd place fish.
Scubaru...you know that I will make some Ceviche special just for you...because you are special...how's the baby?? :wink:
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Blonde

Scubaru...I'm having a Blonde day...LOL...:confused: and I'm going to the Beauty shop Wednesday to get my hair and nails done. So my hair will be even more blonde...I'm going to the beauty shop before the spearfishing tournament. :eek:hwell:
LOL

Good Luck to you all....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,148 Posts
wait a minute

you said you were going to pick up new hardware and nobody questioned you about it...

watcha gettin?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
She's going to make my boat look real good. Just watch for us, we will have a swarm of potlickers all around us trying to get a better look.
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
what am I getting??

speckle-catcher said:
wait a minute

you said you were going to pick up new hardware and nobody questioned you about it...

watcha gettin?
A Riffe, and something else.. :) :) Have a great day
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
I'll send it to you tonight

I'll give it to you tonight...when I get back...you'll love it..it cooks in 20 minutes with limes and grapefruit. Lots of ingredients...

Later
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Ceviche

Scubaru..here is your Ceviche...there are many different recipes, but I like this one the best. It also depends how fast you want it to cook..if you use just limes it takes about 1 day to cook... If you add 1 grapefruit to 6 limes it cooks in about 25 minutes. And here it is...

Ceviche

1lb fresh fish.
1 large onion
6 limes
1 grapefruit
4 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno
3 or 4 yellow, or orange bell peppers
Fresh Cilantro...and I use alot of Cilantro
2 tomatoes (or 1 can diced tomatoe's & Chilies Drained)
Lousiana Hot Sauce
1 mango

Cut fish into small chunks makeing sure to remove any dark meat.

Squeeze limes...1 grapefruit to every 6 limes...In case you are going to double the recipe.

Place fish in Ziploc bag and cover with lime and grapefruit juice. Be sure all of the fish is covered with juice as this is what will "cook" the fish. Place in ice box. for about 20 -30 minutes. After most of the fish has turned white..drain lime juice.

I chop up all vegatables the day before going offshore and put in a plastic bowl. Except for the Mango..it goes in the last minute..

Mix fish with vegetables. Place in Ice Box for 1 hour. The Secret is right before serving...chop up 1 Mango...now serve with Wheat Crackers...YUMMM
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
scubaru said:
What about my friggin recipe?
I'm not even competitve and all of the talk has rubbed off on me...Tailgunner talk and Tall1fin talk...now I'm talking about Fish Teeth...Gosh...I really just hunt for food. Must have been the price of the Speargun that had me all trolled up

Good luck to you all. I want everyone to have fun, and stay positive and Happy. Hope you all get to make Ceviche out there in the Deepblue.

Dive Safe, and look out for each other...please
 

·
Loving Life!
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
Speargun Price

Seahuntress said:
I'm not going for the second place fish...I'm going to pick up a new gun Tuesday morning, and it will still have a price tag on it...I'm going for those "BIG FISH" that will eat you, after you POP them...that is, when I'm in the water by myself...I wouldn't want Divin Deep to get hit by those "Big Teeth" as I have seen it happen all to many times I'm not afraid of em...I have one hanging on the wall....but please do save your "little Fish" Scubaru for My special Ceviche.

"Goin Deep" team is powered with some heavy Ammo...and we are not afraid of anything...
I'm really a very sweet lady once you get to know me well....I think it was the price of the speargun, that had me all trolled up...that and trying to keep up with Tallgunner talk and Tall1fin talk...

Can't believe I'm talking about Fish Teeth..its the Blonde Hair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
Sams has an awesome fresh mango salsa I used last weekend for ceviche and it came out pretty good. I've also substituted premade fresh pico de gao. None of it's as good as fresh chopped, but a hell of alot easier.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top