2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be driving down to coastline of friday morning. Dad is gonna roll with me. Anywhere thats a must as far as lunch. Maybe something on the water possibly there or around there. Never been to this area.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think The Shack has the best burgers and blackened fish, Bubba’s has better fried fish. I have each of them cook fish I catch depending on how I want it. I’ve also been wanting to try the food trucks at the city harbor. The Mexican place has the best service by far, however, and their food’s **** good, too.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,056 Posts
Bubba's is the only place worth stopping. It's not great but it's not bad either. Take a drive a little further and hit up POC, more choices along with some good tackle shops. Watch out for them dang golf carts!! :)

·
Jacka$$ Moment
848 Posts
Is Barkett's still in Seadrift? We used to have a place on the ICW at Fulgum's back in the 80's and 90's and we'd make it a point to go there and eat at least once every trip down there. Really loved their chicken fried steak and crab stuffed jalapenos.

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bubba's is the only place worth stopping. It's not great but it's not bad either. Take a drive a little further and hit up POC, more choices along with some good tackle shops. Watch out for them dang golf carts!! :)
Where do you recommend. I am coming from League city so I will be kinda passing POC on the way. So that is an option of there is a better must stop place.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Try Cathy's in POC for CFS or All You Can Eat shrimp.
POC will add 20 miles to your trip but worth it.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,056 Posts
Cathy's and Sharky's are my favorites & they just opened 5D's. POC Rod & Gun & Jeckos are nice tackle shops if you just want to look around.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Coming from the Houston metro area, I have always been a little disappointed with restaurants in a lot of other cities & towns, but especially along the coast.

But, on top of good boiling pot style seafood and good fried seafood, Bubba's has a pretty darn good hamburger. I personally have not had any great meals in POC, at least not to warrant the drive from our place in Shoalwater

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,659 Posts
Some folks are gonna laugh, but the steak fingers at Cathy's in POC are my favorite. You absolutely cannot leave hungry. Loco ****** BBQ in POC used to be a trailer in Seadrift, then POC. Their BBQ is good and they have some great breakfast tacos. POC Rods, Jeco's, and Speedy Stop all have great tackle options.

In Seadrift, if you stop at La Teraza, the Enchiladas Al Carbon is really good! They have a great bar and breakfast tacos are a hit. Bubbas also has a buffet on Sundays, but my experience with them has been hit or miss. Sometimes it was great, other times we would get sick. Seems like when they were super busy, they had issues with cooking things long enough. Their full order of CFS is a huge plate of food.

I will say it is a bummer that there is no good place on the water in that area. There is a small place in POC on the ICW (stilts), I cannot recall the name but it is usually packed.

·
Registered
334 Posts
all you can eat shrimp at Cathy's is a mandatory visit for us

I was very impressed with the Loco Gringos in Port O last month
VERY good brisket, pork belly and they have a great breakfast and open early..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some folks are gonna laugh, but the steak fingers at Cathy's in POC are my favorite. You absolutely cannot leave hungry. Loco ** BBQ in POC used to be a trailer in Seadrift, then POC. Their BBQ is good and they have some great breakfast tacos. POC Rods, Jeco's, and Speedy Stop all have great tackle options.

In Seadrift, if you stop at La Teraza, the Enchiladas Al Carbon is really good! They have a great bar and breakfast tacos are a hit. Bubbas also has a buffet on Sundays, but my experience with them has been hit or miss. Sometimes it was great, other times we would get sick. Seems like when they were super busy, they had issues with cooking things long enough. Their full order of CFS is a huge plate of food.

I will say it is a bummer that there is no good place on the water in that area. There is a small place in POC on the ICW (stilts), I cannot recall the name but it is usually packed.
The place on stilts was Hooper’s. They closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts