2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out after a long 2 week hitch of working nights. We only waded one spot and we landed a lot of healthy lower slot reds, lots of undersized flounder and some good sized black drum along with one dink trout. everything was caught on Soft Plastics over sand / mud mix with some good wind driven current. Water was moving pretty good today as well, I don't remember seeing this much of a tide movement in SA Bay. When we got out the boat water was waist deep, when we got back it was close to chest deep.

·
Registered
Fly Fishing Saltwater and Fresh.. also convential and spinning reels. I teach casting for both.
79 Posts
Went out after a long 2 week hitch of working nights. We only waded one spot and we landed a lot of healthy lower slot reds, lots of undersized flounder and some good sized black drum along with one dink trout. everything was caught on Soft Plastics over sand / mud mix with some good wind driven current. Water was moving pretty good today as well, I don't remember seeing this much of a tide movement in SA Bay. When we got out the boat water was waist deep, when we got back it was close to chest deep.
Watch for Gators in S.A. Bay... People have been attacked while wading.

·
Registered
POC to Baffin Bay
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few years ago they think a gator ate a solo angler but they also said he had a heart condition and are guessing he died in the water then was later eaten. I have seen lots of them in the marsh areas closer to the Guadalupe river and then near the ANR shorelines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts