2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the water at 6am this morning, water was extremelly flat. Saw a few bay lightning flashes across the bay. Bait was abundent everywhere, water was just exploding up everywhere. Managed to box one 17" speck and a small blk drum.
There was somthing big in there chasing the bait around. About 9am the pourpuse showed up and they were flying out of the water chaceing somthing. It was a feeding frenzy. Overal had a great time this morning.

Mark

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
That's good news to hear there are fish in this area since it is my home turf, or water! What did you catch him on and what part of the water column?

I am going to guess shrimp towards the bottom. I imagine that the water here in Seabrook is pretty sweet in the upper part of the water column with all this rain we have had lately.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seabrook

Fishing with live shrimp under cork between 2-3 feet down. Was fishing just off Todville Rd. past 2nd street.
Thinking of goin tomorrow.

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts
still fresh or clearing up?

i was gonna make a trip out there tomrrow for a wade...wats the water condtions like??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Conditions were perfect, Watermellon smell all over. Smooth to light chop on bay. The Bite Continued with Flipper and his buddies around. Dolphins got within 40 yards of so from me. Could hear them breathing.

Mark

·
Registered
105 Posts

hit the flats at 730pm and water was like glass..there was tons of bait everywhere..schools of fish were busting up bait all over...3rd cast with a spittin image nailed a 22 inch trout...caught a few more dinks and a small few reds and called it the day....water was green clear and salty....

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
The water was like glass last night! I was throwing back a few cold ones at Maribelles with an old buddy mine and we were out on the back deck commenting on the conditions and how good it looked out there.

·
I work just so I can hunt
363 Posts
Seabrook flats

Fish Tx, I should of asked if you were a 2cooler, i was fishing next to you. Just to let everyone know, I fished the flats the day before with the exact conditions, managed one 18" flattie. Silver spoon. I threw finger mullet with no luck tried Gulps only to get the tail bit off on every cast. Probly going on monday morning on my last graveyard.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seabrook

I will probally see you out there monday morning. I am hoping for some nice ones. Same ole spot between the houses.

Mark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts