2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone out there wade fish the Seabrook Flats area and where are the best spots to get in at.... I fished there this morning got in at a little beach front right passed pine gulley park... Got 1-14" trout and a BIG ACE wave from a ship about knocked me over..... And Info. would be great ....

Thanks,
D2

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
D2 said:
Got 1 14' trout

D2
Wow....a 14 foot trout.....that ought to be a world record! lol

I've been out there in the past, but always around the Toddville Rd. bridge. I have had pretty good luck there at times.

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Yep, Todville bridge is a good place to start. You can wade the lagoon area during an incoming tide and the flats area (bay side) during a falling tide right next to the bridge and do very well. Fall is probably the best time to fish this area but I have caught fish year round since it is in my backyard. You can jump in the flats and literally walk all the way to Red Bluff point if you wanted to. As teeenagers, my brother and my friends and I would enter at the boat launch in Seascape (we live in that neighborhood and had access to the launch) and walk all the way to Maribelle's where we had taken one of vehicles earlier in the morning, that way we had transportation back! I really miss those days. Gold & silver spoons and a pocket full of the old Kelly Wiggler touts, strawberry with a white tail! It didn't get any better than that! :wink:

·
Texas Lady Angler
2,410 Posts
One of those waves broke my Power Pole spike yesterday. They are sending me a new one today. We found some small reds roaming the flats yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts