2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and I are headed down the 3rd week in August. I am very unfamiliar with the area. I have looked all over online for hotel deals. I know the sea world passes I can get online for a decent price...

my question is= which hotels are nice around that area? I see them online for $150-180 and they look like brick hard mattresses thrown in a storage closet. I dont want to pay $180 for a rathole motel.

Anyone familiar with that area please help!! I would really like to stay on the riverwalk so we can spend the evenings on the riverwalk. thanks for any and all help! Which hotels are nice?

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
Just about any place on the river is nice.. My favorite, and one of the most expensive, is the Watermark. Also like La Mansion, Hotel Contessa, and the Valencia.. For something a little cheaper, try the Holiday Inn on the river. There's also the Hawthorne Suites which are less expensive... Any places you're thinking about?

As far as near SeaWorld, the nicer place are the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and the Radisson. Nearby there is a La Quinta, Quality Inn, and all the other chains.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
We have stayed at the Raddison on the river walk several times. Nice with balcony. I would stay on the river and drive to Seaworld. Not much to do in that area at night. Alot going on around the river at night. Have fun.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the info. the Hyatt resort is a little too pricy..lol .. I am mere "common" folk.. lol. I iwll check all the places on the river from the posts above. thanks again!! Hopefully we can knock out sea world in a day and head down to the coast and drive the coastline from Port A up to Galveston and then home to Dallas. ROAD TRIP!

·
Fishmoore & Doolittle, Retirement Clubs
2,741 Posts
Drury Inns & Suites

Anyone familiar with that area please help!! I would really like to stay on the riverwalk so we can spend the evenings on the riverwalk. thanks for any and all help! Which hotels are nice?
Took the family last week and stayed at The Riverwalk Drury Inn & Suites. 2nd time to stay there since it opened. There's also a recently opened Drury Plaza. We checked out the lobby area and it looked real nice. Both are on the lo-end of the hi-end hotels for the area as far as price goes.

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
there is also a new laquinta downtown, it isnt on the river but it is right across the street from rivercenter mall which is on the river.......

I think homewood suites still has a place down here on the river too that I stayed at about 9 years ago......it was very nice for the price....Drury is also nice. Marriot also has 2 hotels on the riverwalk.

·
Banned
166 Posts
If you have some "Adventurer" in ya....give HotWire a shot. I travel every week and as long as you keep your selection in the upper end of the selections, you will be fine. 99% of the time for $100-$140 I am getting a $300 per nite room at one of finest hotels in whatever market I'm in. Now a days, a Hampton Inn is $129 per night, so I enjoy the unknown as you make a selection...that's right, they will not tell you the hotel UNTIL you make the purchase...but as I said, keep it in the upper end and with the "thumbs-up" icon (traveler's choice???) and you will be more than happy.

PS....the other trick to Hotwire is to make your reservation no more than 2 days ahead of time since they are selling unbooked/cancelled rooms at the last minute. Making the reservation a week out will not get you the deal which you could get the day before...gotta have some adventurer in ya, but it is worth it.

EDIT: I just ran a quick search for tommorrow night and Sunday on the Riverwalk... Here's the results and I promise, you would be VERY happy with either of these:

4-star hotel in Riverwalk North and Alamo Area
This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See hotel details
Area Details
$139
per room
per night

Ref No. 5675670842

4-star hotel in Riverwalk South and Market Square Area
This upscale establishment offers thoughtful features, quality rooms and a high level of service. See hotel detail

Area Details

$149
per room
per night

Ref No. 6212398763

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Look at the historic St. Anthony and walk a few blocks to the river. It's a beautiful old hotel.

·
Registered
156 Posts
we always stay at the la quinta on 410. Its just after the culubra exit on your right.pretty nice but not as pricey as some......

·
Registered
883 Posts
San Marcos

We stay in San Marcos at La Quinta. It was $75 a night. It is about a 15 minute ride to New Braunfels and a 45 Minute Ride to Sea World.

·
Banned
4,701 Posts
There's a section in today's chronicle with a bunch of hotels listed for Sea World and Six Flags (the real paper, not the online one).

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I live in SA and there are not a whole lot of great hotels around Sea World, which is surprising. Your best bet is to stay around 1604/I 10 (West) area. Close to everything - Sea World, Fiesta Texas, downtown, and the Shops at La Cantera. Due to the weather, you may be able to get a deal on a hotel downtown (they are just usually really expensive, along with the food). Hotels have lost a lot of tourist dollars due to the rain, so the hotels may be willing to cut you a deal.

Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts