School Buses: $5
Group Rates Available

Fishing Pier:
Adults (12 - 64): $5
Kids (5 - 11): $2
Kids (4 and under): Free
Seniors (65+): $2
Seniors 65+ Annual Pass: $25

Basically you pay $5 to park.. Then each person is charged $5 if you want to fish.

Thomas

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seawolf park is good for the flounder run and there is a good pocket to wade on the left when you enter the park. You can wade that shoreline and if you want deeper, wade towards the pier. Another good spot is on "the ledge" behind the submarine. During the flounder run, there will be 50 people lined up on that thing - all using finger mullet. You have to get there way early and it can be annoying.

I will say this - if you go at night, be careful. Lock your cars and stay in lighted areas. That area can be somewhat dicey. Same thing applies early in the AM. I am not sure if others feel the same way but that is miy thought.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sea Wolf park is great for flounder in the fall, if you can stand all of the people. I wolud sugjest parking inside the park for $5 and walking out to fish, because I had my window in my truck broke out last Oct. at around 3 pm. $5 is alot cheper than a $135 window.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Boat fishing for trout used to be great around the point (southeast corner around pavillion) Havent heard much about it in years but my guess is the fish are still there.

Sometimes the fish wanted the bait freelined right up against the rocks. Other times they wanted it deep near the bottom. In the summers of my youth you could walk across the boats anchored up in this area. Plus, its like a 2 minute ride from GYB.

·
428 Posts
If you park inside the park they have people there who patrol the area, if you park along the road then it might be dangerous,

People do fish there from boats , all along the Galveston Channel and also near the pier at night to take advantage of the lights, lots of people set up their own lights along the concrete ledge.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Park inside the park, save yourself some grief and keep the blood pressure down. You can back in and unload right at the rocks. They are open 24/7 and have some patroling the area. Outside the park is where the bad guys roam looking for an easy score.

·
JP
548 Posts
but you have 2 realize that the bad guys are everywhere you go so dont let that discourage you from seawolf park i personally live to fish there ive had no problems so far and on the t head there are some nice people 2 fish with and they are knowledable about fishin there at seawolf park so just check it out and see how u like it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
heh, all I can say is, buy a sabiki rig and throw it out there. I caught 5 sandies at once.. I swear my small graphite rod couldnt take it.... good for croakers, snadies, occasional blacktip, reds, hardheads, and some really slim looking fish (dont know the name)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts