2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
All my friends say.....
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the water at the end of the Sea Wall near the rocks by 6:15 am. Threw top water for about an hour. Nothing. Friend had live shrimp managed the biggest gaftop I have ever seen, 7-8 pounds. Fished infront of the rocks and managed some small sand trout. Water was brown.

Moved to the pass on the Galveston side gulf side way around back towards Galveston. Water looked nice, greenish, ok visibility. Again used arties and live shrimp. Nothing other than a few small hardheads and some small sharks. I put a shrimp on the bottom and caught one small crocker.

Put the crocker on the bottom and it got hammered by a 23.5 inche spec. Friend caught a 20 inch Pompano on live shrimp. I caught another big Gaftop, 6 pounds, on finger mullett. Ended the day using finger mullet. We caught several sharks on the mullett.

At both locations, bait was all over.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
galv.

that place by the pass on the galveston side should be the fishiest around. i hit the bridge all the time and never see guys catching fish over there. can't understand it, you know there's fish going thru the pass.

·
MAKO 23
372 Posts
HC said:
In the water at the end of the Sea Wall near the rocks by 6:15 am. Threw top water for about an hour. Nothing. Friend had live shrimp managed the biggest gaftop I have ever seen, 7-8 pounds. Fished infront of the rocks and managed some small sand trout. Water was brown.

Moved to the pass on the Galveston side gulf side way around back towards Galveston. Water looked nice, greenish, ok visibility. Again used arties and live shrimp. Nothing other than a few small hardheads and some small sharks. I put a shrimp on the bottom and caught one small crocker.

Put the crocker on the bottom and it got hammered by a 23.5 inche spec. Friend caught a 20 inch Pompano on live shrimp. I caught another big Gaftop, 6 pounds, on finger mullett. Ended the day using finger mullet. We caught several sharks on the mullett.

At both locations, bait was all over.
Did he enter the Gafftop inthe STAR ? 8.8 is leading

·
All my friends say.....
7,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MAKO 23 said:
Did he enter the Gafftop inthe STAR ? 8.8 is leading
Nope. I did not even tell him there was a Galftop division. It was a pretty big one. I am guesing on the wieght, but it was really big.

I asked him at the start of the day if he was entered and he said is that that thing where you can win a boat. I said yeap. He said no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts