2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am new to the bluewater forum but find the posters here friendly and very knowledgable. I fish offshore out of Port a around seven times a year out of my 20 foot century center console not more than 25 miles on calm days for the usual (kings, ling, snaps, dolphin and aj's...even caught a sail while trolling). From what I here Century is not the greatest boat but mine with the Yamaha engine has not let me down yet. I am considering taking the drive to Houston to look at the Sea Hunt 220 Triton with a Yamaha EFI. I have looked at quite a few center consoles in the 22' range and the ones I like are all around 55k. Is this an unsafe boat...no level flotation on the 22'er. Why is the price with the same engine package so much cheaper than the Grady's, Triton's, Century's (mass produced boats) just curious. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Next post will hopefully be my first run of the season. Thanks
Frank

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
You will find any information you need at www.thehulltruth.net. Sea Hunt has a very good reputation there. The 238 Triton is on my short-list for sure.

The local dealer is Marine Max. I really have not heard too much good or bad about them.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Boat Hunt

Pollo Del Mar,
I found myself in that "Searching Boat" too about 4 months ago. I had just sold one and the season had started and I was looking like mad. Looked at Sea Hunt and the Hulltruth site, but couldn't justify why it was so much cheaper. But I sold an Angler in that category, so... Not again.

I got lucky and found a used 22' Century CC that is actually 24' with 200 Yam. I have been totally amazed by it's performance. It's deep and dry. All I lack are some trim tabs and another motor for breakdown insurance.

Good luck on your search, but it might just be a "Quality" thing.

Bernard

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Stay Bent said:
Pollo Del Mar,
I found myself in that "Searching Boat" too about 4 months ago. I had just sold one and the season had started and I was looking like mad. Looked at Sea Hunt and the Hulltruth site, but couldn't justify why it was so much cheaper. But I sold an Angler in that category, so... Not again.

I got lucky and found a used 22' Century CC that is actually 24' with 200 Yam. I have been totally amazed by it's performance. It's deep and dry. All I lack are some trim tabs and another motor for breakdown insurance.

Good luck on your search, but it might just be a "Quality" thing.

Bernard
where did u get that boat, we traded our boat exactly like that about the same time i guess..

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Seabrook Area

CCbluewater,
I think I bought another, because this guy showed me about 6 years worth of title and receipts data with his name on it. (Even for 6 years of dry storage)

It has a green/gold Century stripe with green T-Top, all like new cushions and electronics, Ratheon DP sucks though.

Describe yours. Did you have a problem you were getting rid of? How did they perform to you? Coming from that Angler, this thing seems like heaven.

Bernard

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Stay Bent said:
CCbluewater,
I think I bought another, because this guy showed me about 6 years worth of title and receipts data with his name on it. (Even for 6 years of dry storage)

It has a green/gold Century stripe with green T-Top, all like new cushions and electronics, Ratheon DP sucks though.

Describe yours. Did you have a problem you were getting rid of? How did they perform to you? Coming from that Angler, this thing seems like heaven.

Bernard
oh ours was a 2002, and it was white. We liked the boat a lot, it would tend to kinda slam pretty hard in a chop, but other than that we liked it. we upgraded this year because we want that insurance of a second motor, and more boat. the century was a really good fishing boat. you will like it a lot, i would try to invest in trim tabs though, they would make a huge amount of difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.