2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
All you have to do is bet on the winner
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a Sea Fox 230cc anyone have any opinions of these? Good or bad it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
CCA gave them away in some of their STAR divisions. They looked good but have never been in the water in one.

Charlie

·
Registered
297 Posts
You should ride in it and go through the whole boat from front to back, Knock on the sides and tell us what you think. Good luck in your pursuit. Also ask what mil gel coat they use.

·
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the reply's so far, I'm just trying to get my feet wet in offshore fishing. I like that the fish fight back a little more. I will probably be going to check out the boat this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
591 Posts
don't hold back. offshore is awesome ! i got 'my feet wet' with a 38', and was ready to move up a year later.

Good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just wrote my buddy that has one and sent him the link so he can answer you
I'm the friend that Tim was talking about....sorry for the delay- I had to register & get confirmed before I could post.

I have a SeaFox 236 WA and I'm overall pretty happy with it. Certainly for the price point, there are certain things that you can't expect that you would from a more expensive boat. The fit & finish just isn't on par with a higher end boat for example.

On the upside, I have found my boat to be comfortable, with a decent ride, and it has held up well (3 years old) The hull design is also pretty efficient. I have a Suzuki DF150 on a 23' walkaround, and the top speed is 40 MPH, with a cruise of just over 30 MPH and I typically run over 100 miles in a good day on 35 gallons of gas.

That said, if you are going to consider SeaFox, I would recommend going with one of the newer models with the new hull designs....anything with a model number ending in "6", such as 236, 256, etc.

I have heard very little good feedback on the older ones (model numbers ending in "0" or "7")

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Don't forget its almost boat show time and then you can compare many different brands side by side.

·
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I talked to the place that had the boat and that's when i found out it didn't even come with a trailer. After the responses from this board and no trailer i decided to pass for now. I can't justify spend money for a slip on a boat that small. Thank you for all your input and I'll be at the show monday with a friend of mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts