2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sea fog finally lifted creating a very tough fishing day for an 8-boat session on Tuesday. Captain Rick Hammond managed to find a "Needle in the fog" putting his group on one heck of a day. Both trout & reds were landed with multiple-two to three hook ups at a time. "We were anchored up in the fog casting to one spot." The catch was 7 to 10-keeper fish average while drifting throwing soft plastic. Many small fish caught both trout and reds.

Bay Flats Lodge TV - Via video, I will be giving you current conditions, patterns, fishing and waterfowl reports for the Seadrift/Port O'Connor region. Now, I have a long ways to go before getting good, so please don't laugh too loud. But give me a little practice, and I will get better, I promise.

http://www.bayflatslodge.com/

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before the fog hit

Recent catches have been only fair. The water is very cold, but we're hitting mud today and Tuesday. Reports to follow. No top water action to talk about. Sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BFL Fishing & Waterfowl

BFL Jason Wagenfehr picked up Barkley P. once it was light enough to see. Thick fog made for a long day of grinding. They returned with 4-trout for their efforts, but hats off to him for keeping them out till 5:00 PM. A hot shower was nice before the drive home. Some days it just doesn't work out. Props to BFL Harold, he put his group today on another 5-bird average.

Fishing has been very slow for our camp; let's hope it turns around soon. We cancelled an 8-guests trip today due to high percent of rain.

www.BayFlatsLodge.com

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts